1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do Social Networking Site Work To PROMOTE Your Website

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by zone99, May 24, 2008.

Hi All

I have join some social networking site and i have to be true i have not seen any boost in my traffic.

what am i doing wrong?

zone99, May 24, 2008 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    yes, if you bookmark your pages and get more ppl to bookmark them, ofcourse you'll get more traffic ;)

Brandon Sheley, May 24, 2008 IP
  3. zone99

zone99 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thanks loco.m

zone99, May 24, 2008 IP
  4. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    You probably need to use something like stumbleudon. Get a few free stumbles to get the ball rolling. If you just bookmark your whole site. Unless it is really something good. It wont go nuts untill the ball gets rolling with a few thumbs up.

PeoplesArcade, May 24, 2008 IP
  5. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're using MySpace, it's going to require some time and effort.

It's been a major help in getting my website to get about 90,000 uniques a month.

add_cents, May 24, 2008 IP
  6. nickthrolson

nickthrolson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kinda to late myspace is blocking spammers will delete your account if u promote websites

nickthrolson, May 24, 2008 IP
  7. cicero

cicero Peon

Best Answers:
    of course social networking sites can get u HUGE traffic. Provided the content if for majority of their target audience.. teens :p

You would have to ask ppl with lotsa friends to promote it.. subtly.. request them.. pretend ur a teen or something.

You would hopefully have some traffic :D

cicero, May 25, 2008 IP
  8. anilg

anilg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spend more time on social network sites. Make friends, submit more-more stories, vote other people stories and leave comments on submitted stories

anilg, May 25, 2008 IP
  9. shobhitmodi

shobhitmodi Peon

Best Answers:
    It might bring up your traffic but i am sure your reputation would go down for that .

shobhitmodi, May 25, 2008 IP
  10. songchai

songchai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My little local blog, getting some traffics from there social site,

songchai, May 25, 2008 IP
  11. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites will bring a lot of traffic to your sites but you will need some great content.
    DoFollow social bookmarking sites will help for SEO purpose as well ;)

zexy, May 25, 2008 IP
  12. theperiodman

theperiodman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and I'd post your link anywhere you could, you'll be surprised where traffic would come from.

For example, I uploaded a video on YouTube a few weeks ago, then 3 days ago posted the link to a random website (figured I'd do it just so Google would index it). In that time, the "random" website has brought me over 2,000 video plays (and my video is featured on their site). Never would I have expected that.

theperiodman, May 27, 2008 IP
  13. jgriff225

jgriff225 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keeping trying mate it takes time keep building links and with a little luck you will see some good results.

jgriff225, May 27, 2008 IP
  14. ArticlesandBeyond

ArticlesandBeyond Peon

Best Answers:
    Try offering some interesting and "sharable" content on your website and you will gain popularity quickly. Social bookmarking is built on the concept of sharing interesting/unique/shocking or otherwise though provoking content. Here are examples of content that gets bookmarked.

Try controversy: Try posting something controversial about your niche on your website. Make sure that you state that the article is your opinion and back up your statements with good arguments. An intelligent viewpoint, even if controversial, always gets heard, or in this case - bookmarked.

Try humor: Try posting something funny and entertaining about your niche and watch your popularity soar. Most people go online for entertainment. Provide it to them.

Try a contest: Try creating a contest of some sort within your niche. People love to compete and a well planned contest can get you a bunch of links.

Try expert interviews: Post an interview with an expert and watch your popularity soar.

There are lots of other ways to use content to get social bookmarks. Just know that social networkers can spot commercial messages a mile away. Cater to their need for information and entertainment and watch your site's popularity soar.

Hope that helped.

ArticlesandBeyond, May 27, 2008 IP
  15. mrvyper

mrvyper Active Member

Best Answers:
    mrvyper, May 27, 2008 IP
  16. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    You can promote on MySpace without spamming. You can actually build a community on there.

add_cents, May 27, 2008 IP
  17. mspider

mspider Guest

Best Answers:
    What about facebook...Is it a place to promote website and get huge traffic?

mspider, May 27, 2008 IP
  18. NICKY Nitro

NICKY Nitro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you read my post ? I wrote it not long ago explaining how to build a forum/message board. It might work for the forum in your sig.

Back to your question. Yes, Social networking really does work if implemented and performed properly. I myself have been many times on the fron page of Digg and other social networks. And I can clearly say that it has been a lot of work and efforts on my side. You have to define your target audiance first and then search for networks where this target audience of yours usually congregates.

NICKY Nitro, May 28, 2008 IP
  19. Spectro

Spectro Peon

Best Answers:
    The best q to ask yourself is whether the website can sustain a relationship with it's visitors. Will visitors want to affiliate themselves (be friends) with your website? If so, marketing through social bookmarking is def an avenue worth taking.

Spectro, Jun 20, 2008 IP