1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do the squirrels drive you nuts?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colleen, Nov 25, 2004.

Or is it the other way around? :confused: :rolleyes:

Colleen, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    When I used to live in Gainesville, FL years ago, I had a giant Oak Tree in my yard that thousands of animals, insects and birds used as a habitat, even great spiders that would pull their webs up into the tree in the daytime and lower them back down at night.

Well one day I made a bad mistake and was practicing my old baseball arm out with some charcoal and was throwing them at squirrels.

Turns out I hit this baby squirrel with a direct hit and the unmentionable happened, I killed the little creature, I was so sad that I never did it again.

But I do have a friend down the street from that place that shoots everyone of them he can find with his 22 because he hates them with a passion.

I still feel so bad about what I did and still do to this day, sorry Kalina, don't hate me for this story like you have for some others.

anthonycea, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  3. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    How could you do that anthonycea? How could you kill the little thing!!

My mate shot 1 with a BB gun when we were at uni. The squirrel got so stunned it fell out of the tree and lay still for a minute. It got up again and ran back up a tree!

Weirfire, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  4. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony you squirrel assassin you.lol. I used to live in Formby near Liverpool and they have a red squirrel sanctuary there and are a protected species, but the little buggers used to infest your house and if having a barbeque they would be all over you like a rash. My mates and I soaked a load of monkey nuts in vodka the night before such an event and fed them with said.

I have never laughed so much before, they couldn't make a straight line never mind climb but they did become quite aggressive and we had to bring out the garden hose.

Attached Files:

giz, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  5. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry for animals. They don't really have a say in anything and people just abuse them.

Weirfire, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I know someone ( :eek: me :D ) who sells squirrel cage traps .

They are humane as in they just trap them. But law says here in the UK yuo can't release them so you actualle HAVE to kill them (grey squirrels only).

A lot of people hate the buggers, I don't have any problems myself. They are apparently ruining the country so fair play if they have to go. We should have never imported them from YankLand in the first place.

T0PS3O, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Blame the Yank's for everything TOPS, damn we are not ALL that bad, are we?

Animals do have to be controlled, I agree on this, we have bears that come up on folks homes at night and destroy their fences by coming in to get food in trash cans.

The "Good old Boys" will just kill em, but some folks just call the law and hope that the bears will get caught by the law.

I like the first solution much better. It is tragic, but we keep moving out into the country and the animals have no place else to live.

If you just get a few mean bulldogs you can end most of your wild animal problems.

anthonycea, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  8. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    GULP!.... big guilt trip coming on. I have never physicaly hurt an animal, just things like getting my dog stoned.... He used to love it and by heck did he get the munchies.

I used to go down to the squirrel sanctuary every week and donate nuts (not my own) and I always had some in the garden, I am also part of a Swan rescue team.... those birds can break a limb with their wings, so I don't think I'm all bad. Just slightly.

giz, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You are a member of the "DarkSat 5", so you can't be all that good either Giz ;) :) :p

10. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    :D ;)

Big up yaself.

darksat, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No problems with the little buggers, but Kalina does drive me nuts :confused: :mad: :p

12. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Squirrelts kill the trees because they scratch the bark off the trees which then give the trees viruses and they die.

When I first read that you got your dog stoned I thought you meant you threw stones at your dog. I was thinking, erm you could probably go to prison for saying that. :eek: Silly me

Weirfire, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  13. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    lol @ weir

I own a bengali tiger (well I don't own it) sponsor one should I say lol but sometimes when someone walks past my house and the dog shits next to my path, I wish I had the tiger at home, so I could go to the home of the dog owner and let the tiger loose :D

Sorry we were talking bout squirrels werent we lol off I go.. off topic again :D

DarrenC, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  14. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    HAhahahaha.... no way, I loved my dog she was my best mate ever and trusted me totaly.... along with my cat they were best mates, funny really both were rescued and the cat was wild.... can you imagine a staffordshire bull terrier and a norwegian forest cat in the same bed.lol. I only have billy left now a 6yr old tabby....rescued. My dog "Cobey" did enjoy the weed she used to jump on me when I lit up and recognised the smell straight away.... I think part of it was that she knew she would be in for a good feed as I knew that was part of the course and knew it was my responsibility to respond to the munchies, she would lie on her back and have me stroke her belly for ages, however all you animal lovers.... she never got fat cos I used to walk her for miles a day and she had a tyre on a rope tied to a tree she used to bite on and swing daily.... so there.

giz, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No but the young chicks do :p :) You know the one's they used to give us at Easter time when we were kids, they came in different colors and were real cute :cool:

CHIRP

CHIRP

CHIRP

CHIRP

CHIRP :p

anthonycea, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  16. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Anthonycea loves the birds ;)

Weirfire, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  17. darksat