1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you attend networking events related to your business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian123, Aug 14, 2011.

Just wondering if any of you attend networking events that are related to your business?
    If so are they of any use? Do you get business or ideas from these events?

Thanks.

Brian123, Aug 14, 2011 IP
  2. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, but I certainly will be. I have done in the past and they have been good for me in terms of motivation and for business. Speaking to like minded people is always good, which is why I'm a member of business forums etc.

GrantDraper, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  3. newton-electrical

newton-electrical Peon

Best Answers:
    Very few around this area, but the events I've attended have always been good. I find it just as interesting talking to people in businesses which are poles apart from mine because you can get some good ideas which never would have occurred to you otherwise.

newton-electrical, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  4. mint24

mint24 Peon

Best Answers:
    If given a chance why not. Dealing and knowing other people that can help to improve business by their idea was not bad.

mint24, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  5. Paultf

Paultf Peon

Best Answers:
    I seem to go through spurts on this one. When I do, I've learned to make a point of spreading it around geographically. Otherwise, I see all the same people. I have gotten business from it but not much. Most of the attendees are sales reps or small business owners and I prefer to work with larger companies and those owners usually aren't at many of the events.

Paultf, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. Juanle455

Juanle455 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Every time that there is an event in my local area, I try to go.
    There is no better place to do some networking and meet people that speak your language.

Juanle455, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  7. nk128

nk128 Peon

Best Answers:
    Networking is a must in any business. That is true in any business and IM is no different. I try to go once a month for my offline business. I always find some very talented people in the crow somehow. For instance, I had networked with a guy who was a local house builder in the area. Now we didn't do any business together but he's a good contact to have especially when he had $5 mil in cash to invest :D Then I also had some big GKIC marketers in the area. If I didn't go to those events, I would have never met any of those guys. Also, networking doesn't have to be offline. You can network online as well. That's what I'm doing here with you lol

nk128, Aug 18, 2011 IP