1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You HATE Internet Explorer - or just Microsoft

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ! !, Dec 16, 2004.

The first page of the two-page ad--which is twice as large as originally planned--features the Firefox symbol superimposed over the names of the 10,000 donors, and a line about the browser. "Are you fed up with your Web browser?" the ad says. "You're not alone. We want you to know that there is an alternative."

The second page features the Firefox symbol, some information about Firefox and quotes from satisfied customers.

This is not the first Firefox ad in print--a separate fund-raising campaign in Germany raised more than $93,000, the majority of which was used to fund a full-page ad in a German national newspaper two weeks ago.​

[​IMG]

! !, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  2. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I don't HATE Internet Explorer or just Microsoft but when I originally got into Opera and then FireBird, as it was then, I realised there was more to life than "open in new window" for multitasking; Tabbed Browsing is a great time saver.

IMHO the difference is that FireFox has a community behind it, seems to be more in touch with users demands, has depth & personality, a shed load of great add-ons (the developer extension is ace for designers), is standards compliant and was actually built as a browser.

Whereas Explorer is virtually the same browser I first used some 6 years ago; not a lot of change there for such an innovative, big budget corporation huh?

I don't hate MicroSoft, they came up with the Xbox :D

Lever, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, no hate here either, but IE is not my weapon of choice, never has been and never will be so long as it remains so behind the times. When was the last time you blocked a PopUp with IE? Ah, like never. When was the last time you got spyware from anything other than IE? Ah, like never.

Mia, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  4. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/web/sp2_popupblocker.mspx

! !, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  5. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope firefox takes off like crazy and really puts a huge dent in ie. I have no reason to be a fan of ms.

mopacfan, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Most??? Again, does ie block pop ups yet? No.

Mia, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  7. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a website owner, I like it or not I've to use IE and design primarily for IE since 90% of my visitors use IE. Firefox is on the 3rd placed at mostly used browsers by my visitors after mozilla. Firefox usage is increasing every day, and I personally like it.

onestop, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  8. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    any body still uses popup blocker by IE :) ?

onestop, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  9. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I use both but find Firefox tends to block out some of the images that are supposed to be on the page. The problem is people who only use Firefox wouldn't know anything is missing.
    I guess there is a setting somewhere I have to change :confused: .

Cyclops

Cyclops, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  10. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If Microsoft was not partners with the Russian Mafia everyone would love them. But since they are partners with them, folks get money removed from bank accounts without knowledge, credit card data is stolen wholesale, computers are turned into zombies to attack the network, the average computer user has no idea that their boxes are clogged with spyware and Microsoft is guilty of producing defective products.

IE/Windows OS has fatal flaws that Microsoft can not code themselves out of, experts have said that they would have to scrap the entire OS and start from scratch and M$ will not do this.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5495719.html?tag=zdnn.alert

Everyone and their momma knows that it is junk, so does the computing community, that is why Steve Ballmer is calling for the disposable $100.00 Windows PC.

Once it is turned into a zombie, just throw it away, go to the 7/11 on the corner and buy another one from Osama :cool:

anthonycea, Dec 18, 2004 IP
  12. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    Refrozen, Dec 21, 2004 IP
  13. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IE because of standards compliance, MS because they love money too much so both :)

subnet_rx, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  14. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    IE has security & privacy risks. Anything done with IE is restored somewhere as a system file, and whoever wants to clean them has to be an expert. I spent a lot of time erasing some history, and finally learned what I said above. Only way to clean a windows machine is to format it.
    Many games are dependent on one version or other of windows os, so oly way to play all games is to have all versions of windows os. So I wonder if eventually old versions of windows will be sold in antique shops.

real, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  15. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I am concerned all versions belong there now.

mushroom, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  16. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Great quote...

What, like "the Internet" in Trey's first book? LOL

Great, so now media player rips and burns AND usurps other media software... that is timely, check out my MediaPlayer stole my WinAmp blog post...

I still don't hate 'em, they're just thieves ;)

Lever, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I would love them if I bought the stock in 1986 for a few bucks a share and held it long term.

You could have turned 10 grand into about 20 million, funny how money will make folks love something a hell of a lot more.

anthonycea, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  19. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am fed up with them both right now. I have a love hate relationship with both M$ and IE.

I kind of laugh when M$ bugs out on me on my windows machines now at work since I got a new apple.

ginostylz, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  20. a3196

a3196 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only know Windows family and some DOS,,,,
    So, I hate MS but have to use them....

a3196, Jan 8, 2005 IP