1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you know what (on-site) social optimisation is?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Virgils, Mar 21, 2011.

This questions is addressed mainly to Internet Marketers and for those who have community and ecommerce websites.

The reason is why I ask this is because I want to know if is worth using this term defying my business, if people don't understand what it is I must use a synonym or something that describes better what my web agency is doing.

Thanks

Virgils, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please be specific on what you want? give details because i don't understand what you are saying?

chinasa, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. Sikhar

Sikhar Peon

Best Answers:
    social media optimization means working on twitter,facebook and other media sites. As I understand your question.

Sikhar, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  4. Virgils

Virgils Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your responses.

As I see, this term is not very well understood. Social media optimization is the process of improving the interaction between your online business and social networks, especially. This results in higher engagement, more traffic from social networks, higher conversion rates.

It,s based on a preliminary analysis of the website in order to find the spots where you can interact with social media. After finding those spots, the next process is finding or developing the tools and finally to implement them on the website.

Some examples so you can understand better:
    You have a e-commerce website which is doing quite well but you obviously want to get more sales. Somebody told you about this kind of services and you'll gonna try it.

The agency will analyze your e-commerce website and will found some spots where users can interact with social networks.
    For example:
    1. Users lose time by completing private information to sign-up. To overcome this and get higher conversion rates, we'll implement facebook/twitter registration... the sign-ups will increase by at least 30%(from a case study)

2.Invite friends to join the webstore using facebook events invites, give incentives like discounts or gift cards.

3.A way to make customer spread the word on facebook/twitter on every sale. This requires a tool that posts on friends wall discounts and on the user wall/twitter what he/she just bought.

and there are more...

This works for any kind of websites, not only e-commerce.

Virgils, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  5. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    its something like a social media snapshot.. i know companies that charge like upto $20k just for creating these documents...
    they look at twitter, facebook, linkedin youtube.. check trends on your keywords... check if dialogues are goin on... if you are involved in them.. on any social media site..
    check if your competitors are there and what they are doing.. create accounts.. collecting email ids & emails campaigns and stuff..

if you are into services market then they look into reputation management.. review sites..

facebook & twitter login to your webstore is one of the best ways to avoid the sign up headaches.. have a link to share the product.. if possible allow users to write their reviews on it.. maybe evn stars...
    could also create an iphone app if its right for your customers...

danmon, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  6. Virgils

Virgils Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks danmon.

It's something like my agency is doing, but we are not doing snapshots, we focus on the social tools implementation part. We are looking for partners in the internet marketing area, especially on social marketing. We are doing on-site social optimization, and the marketing firm can focus on their social marketing campaign, in this way the end results will be more efficient.

Virgils, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  7. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great to know that you guys into it, Virgils.
    Thats the way seo is going. The social media way :)

danmon, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  8. Paul Okselenko

Paul Okselenko Peon

Best Answers:
    Old-school SEO is almost dead nowadays. You may spend thousands of dollars for link building, but never get high positions or be social oriented and succeed!

Paul Okselenko, Mar 30, 2011 IP