1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you run your website yourself?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Stax_Daniel, Apr 17, 2007.

Just curious...do you run your website yourself? or do you pay someone to do that.

I'm not talking about designing and stuff...i mean the actual, day to day stuff that goes into a website.

And for those with more than one, do you do one and have others run the others, or do you do them all?

I'm a control freak when it comes to my stuff...so I have this issue with letter others do stuff for me (which I'm working on changing that attitude...which I'm proud about...lol)...so i've always found it a little difficult to just sit back and watch someone else with my stuff (though I do take feedback and ideas very well)

Stax_Daniel, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a control freak with my sites too, so for the most part I do run them myself (writing, promoting, communities, etc.), other than one collaborative blog and my webzine. However, I know delegation is important, so I'm working on that. On my music webzine, I have an editor that I trust, and he just brought in another editor to help him out. I'm letting them run most of the day to day stuff while I get busy on the business end (after its relaunch), building partnerships, working on increasing revenues, promotion, etc. I know it the end it'll be better. It's just a matter of finding people you can trust.

jhmattern, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  3. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    yup, that's pretty much the same way I feel...i know it will be better to spread the load...but I have to find someone I trust first :)

...I have one guy that's been helping me for 3 years, I always make him an admin on my forums...but as to other websites...haven't found that trust yet :)...but i'll be working on it :D

4. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, I want to raise my babys myself. I never trust baby sitters :D .

Michelangelo, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  5. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    lol...that's a good way to put it :)

6. webhostingoffers

webhostingoffers Guest

Best Answers:
    why should you pay people to look after your site, i think it takes the fun away. i saying that if things get out off control and its to much to handle then i would consider bringing on staff but at the same time id do as much as i could myself

webhostingoffers, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  7. scart3r

scart3r Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have recent;ly been thinking about hiring someone to write the weekly newsletter and do a few of the more menial tasks - but at the moment I do it all myself.

scart3r, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  8. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I can understand some people who have many projects running, that they outsource some of their work. Why not? If I will grow as I am planning, there would be no way around it.

Michelangelo, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    that's actually the main reason I was asking :)...right now I can handle all my stuff myself (well...me and my main co admin guy)...

but like you, if my plan works out well...within the next 6 months...i won't be able to do it all myself...so i've got to figure out how I'm going to manage having 'employees'...lol

10. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I carry on all activities ... there's no bit of outsourcing.

markov, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  11. tofm2

tofm2 Banned

Best Answers:
    I control my sites by myself, I simply cannot afford to have it done by another. I run 3 main sites, having done some 30 000 pages views in 2007 so far, so you see, that equals some 250 page views a day, far not enough to have it done by another*

tofm2, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  12. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So far I do all of the stuff myself. I may get a partnership on one of my two sites, because I simply won't have time. The other one I will definately be doing myself- don't want to share profits :D

zac439, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  13. M@ko

M@ko Banned

Best Answers:
    I do everything on my day to day websites myself, I do not really trust other people to do it and I like things to be the way I want them to be and that is best if I do the job myself. Another thing is I have not done any huge projects yet, so I might change my mind in the future, if the task gets to hard for me!

M@ko, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  14. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    well...seeing so many people that like to keep to themselves as well doesn't make me feel like such a recluse anymore :)

15. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    You can't have it all alone. Got to share someday.

Clive, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  16. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, don't have the money to get others to do it for me!

htmlindex, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  17. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i run mine myself,as it is a hobby as well as a source of income for me

templates, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  18. crows

crows Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is exceptionally large, you definitely need a hand. Large forum like site needs multiple people for sure but you don't need to always pay someone.

crows, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  19. glorybeme

glorybeme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I pretty much run my sites myself. I do outsource a lot. I sometimes outsource for article writing, or web design work.

glorybeme, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  20. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I run my self don't trust anybody and i don't think anybody can do it bether

Of course i hire some people for small jobs like a set of artile writed etc ...

But 95% i do it myself

w3bmaster, Apr 17, 2007 IP