1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Higher Experienced People Should Charge More?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by b4db0y, Oct 1, 2010.

What do you guys think?

Should the more highly experienced guys charge more?

To me, Yes, if they have a good and BIG portfolio.

b4db0y, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, price should be charged on Quality not experience.

Laceygirl, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  3. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    People will only pay what they think a service/ product is worth.

Given they cannot truely judge Quality of your project at the point that a price is set (ie the begining of the project) they will have to base their estimate on things like experience, quality of past work, qualifications, infrastructure, scale of portfolio etc.

You also would never pay only for quality, the vast majority of people accept that your also paying for service as well. You have a sole trader that is a 9/10 quality wise and an organisation of people who are all 9/10. People will expect to pay more for the organisation because they have the benefit that if their person is off sick that there are others that can step up, those dealing with the sole trader expect a discount for the risk that if they are hospitalised for a month that no work will be done for a month.

Likewise, when your reputation grows, if you dont also grow the scale of your organisation you can become more selective with whome you work with and therefore can partially achieve it by increasing your prices (supply & demand theory)

AstarothSolutions, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  4. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well said my friend

b4db0y, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  5. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does the experience translate into value for the client?

Is the work done faster? If so, then the experienced person who can deliver a project in 10 hours is worth more per hour that the person who needs to put in 15 hours for the same result.

Is the solution better (more efficient, more SEO-friendly, or whatever the particular test of "better" is)? The the experienced person who can deliver a better solution is worth more.

If the extra experience does not translate into a better product, service or value for the client, then the answer is "no." Why should someone pay for experience that provides no benefits?

Business Attorney, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  6. cynthiaho

cynthiaho Peon

Best Answers:
    Do You Think People of Being a Newbie for Ten Years Should Charge More Than a One-month Newbie?
    The answer is clear.

cynthiaho, Oct 1, 2010 IP
  7. kristyberends

kristyberends Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    normally experience translates into a better product/service, but not always. I vote that quality wins over experience. I do photography, and I know I am better than people who have been doing it for 25 years...and there are probably people out there doing it for two weeks who are better than me! Who do you want to hire?

kristyberends, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Depend on the quality of work.

I've dealed with many so called experienced designer but what they design is just copy other people idea,not creative.

mentos, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  9. webbizo

webbizo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is pretty clear. If by experience you mean, portfolio, quality, faster services than of course they are better paid. In the other hand if by experience you just mean years in the business than no, there's no reason to pay more for the same service that a newbie can provide.

webbizo, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  10. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I always go for a solid portfolio before selecting any

b4db0y, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  11. jeffwalton

jeffwalton Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality is more important. There are a lot of people with twenty years of experience, but that doesn't mean they were twenty "quality" years. A proven portfolio is much more important.

jeffwalton, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  12. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since experience usually means learning more and getting better, I'm going to say yes because they'll know how to do beter work. But, if their work sucks their work sucks and that's that.

pbmann1213, Oct 4, 2010 IP