1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does my new social network have the potential?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Twan, Dec 26, 2010.

I've been working on an audio-based social network. The idea is to have people do recordings instead of typing.

It's called SpeakBin: http://www.speakbin.com

The Android app is now available in the Android Market - people have been making 'speaks' (audio recordings). I've gotten about 40 in the first two days with absolutely no promotion.

What do you guys think? Anyone with an Android phone - feel free to give it a shot. It's pretty cool, you can use an anonymous account, you don't have to make one (although you're more than welcome :))

Twan, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  2. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very unique, congrats.

dmvictoria, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  3. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. What do you think would be the best way to market this?

Twan, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  4. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Intresting concept you should start getting some media attention perhaps a newspaper article you could get good reactions

Bohra, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  5. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know, your site borders upon nuevo art, very original. F*ck I don't know, get Lady Gaga to use your service. I'm sure if a pro Musician can see the benefit of your service it could take off. But, honestly your site is highly niche. Unless you are actually eating Lady Gaga's p*ssy you might be bound to obscurity.

dmvictoria, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  6. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    Nice concept. That looks new for me. Write a good press release about your site and its service to let other people know about it. Advertise it also to You Tube and Facebook. I think a lot of people will like your social network site.

seodash, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  7. rseobeginner

rseobeginner Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your new social network site?

rseobeginner, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  8. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's www.speakbin.com

Twan, Dec 27, 2010 IP
  9. Twan

Twan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're still getting a consistent stream of traffic, this hasn't died after a good first day. Stay tuned all.

Twan, Dec 28, 2010 IP
  10. rovad

rovad Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, interesting idea, I must be honest and say that I still can't be sure if this has a potential or not, but I definitely agree with what others said - good old-fashioned promotional methods + a bit of effort to attract people who already have some follower base.

It doesn't have to be Lady Gaga or any other pop star, search for someone on YouTube who has a lot of subscribers on their channel and try to make him/her to come over to your site and promote it to their fan base.
    Also, I suggest you stick to the tried and tested color schemes associated with most of the popular social networks - that means you're ONLY supposed to use blue color :).

Oh and about your rating system, I suggest you only have "good & bad" system instead of these "1,2,3,4,5 stars" - you see how YouTube switched to the "good-bad" model as well - that's because people generally rate something either with "F/1 star/totally blows" or "A++/5 star/this sh*t rox!!!" grades.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    rovad, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  11. shaun65

shaun65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    really cool idea and nice site

shaun65, Dec 31, 2010 IP