1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does this PSD created with Gimp work?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by wbailey, Sep 9, 2009.

I posted a question yesterday, concerning the differences between a .xcf and .psd, but have not got any responses.

So I found a tutorial, that shows how to create a web design in photoshop. I followed that tutorial in Gimp, basically creating a new layer for each of the elements that show up on the page.

I need someone that has photoshop to open my .psd generated by gimp, and please let me know if everything shows up properly. Can you edit the images/text. Or is there something missing.

Download
    http://rapidshare.com/files/277864179/first_try.psd.html

wbailey, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    Sorry if this is no longer valid, but I tried to open your file and it loads up OK in my version of photoshop (CS2). There are just a selection of layers but they are none other than rasterized images, no text layers.

H.

Hecky, Sep 24, 2009 IP
  3. aktiv

aktiv Member

Best Answers:
    Blending options,Layers folder or any infos stored for layers created in GIMP are not recognized by Photoshop. Hence it shows flat/rasterized layers.

aktiv, Sep 26, 2009 IP