1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Wordpress, Joomla,ect allow you to have your own paid sponsored ad and adsense

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ggnights, Nov 11, 2010.

Hi,

It seems kinda hard to find out this info so far. I am creating a website that will have local nightlife and event listings and I want to know if I am able to have my own paid ad's from clubs, restaurants and any other adveristers. I saw something about adsense with wordpress where they split that. I just want to have my own advertisers where i collect and recieve all the money. Is that possible using those cms systems. Thanks in advance.:confused:

ggnights, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  2. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't put ads on a free wordpress.com blog. However, you can place ads on a self-hosted wordpress.org blog or a Joomla site.

andrej, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  3. ggnights

ggnights Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer. So is just the .com one you can't. So, for regular wordpress.org thats self hosted, you can put any of your own ad's, adsence, ect and it has nothing to do with wordpress, is that right?

Sometimes I still don't fully get what wordpress really is. Is it just the platform or basically using code that has already been developed rather than paying a programmer to develop for you? Are there any drawbacks with them in terms of reliablity, limiting you, ect. Thanks for your help

ggnights, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is just wordpress.com with which you can't. And for regular wordpress.org that's self hosted you can put any ads you wish (Adsense, affiliate programs, etc.).

Wordpress is a blogging platform or a CMS (content management system).

andrej, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  5. Greg Carnegie

Greg Carnegie Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's both, first the WordPress is very user friendly and easy to use, on the other hand it's easily modifiable with hooks and actions.

Greg Carnegie, Nov 16, 2010 IP