1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doing a SYSTEM RESTORE ?? - what happens to My files

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by eyes2005, Oct 14, 2009.

If i do a system restore to a point 10 days ago... what will happen to my files i have renamed yesterday? will they go back to their original name?

Reason for the restore? I have just downloaded an annoying trojan/virus, its causing popups + slowness.

This virus got accidentally downloaded today.

I Have tried my Paid scan etc, but isnt deleting it.

Question- will restoring my comp to 10 days ago, go back to when this virus EXE was NOT downloaded (as it wasnt 10 days ago, but just today) and make the computer back to normal - without popups etc?

Have you tried this yourself, when you have had viruses? a system restore, and does it go back to the Faster pace your computer-desktop was on?

eyes2005, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's why it's called system restore. There is possibility that virus won't be deleted. But any registry changes or programs using install file should be removed.

After all there should be workaround to get ride of this virus without using system restore.

Big0ne, Oct 15, 2009 IP