1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dolphin 7, Rayz and Orca Forum Question

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lancefusion, Feb 15, 2010.

Hi all. What do you think of Dolphin 7 as a base for a social networking site? Does anyone know how i can use Rayz and where i can find it? everyone on the dolphin 7 forums rant and rave about it however i can never find anything on the site to actually install it into my D7.

Is it already built in? like, with the chat? Also, does anyone else have trouble with the Orca Forum? It never loads, not even the options in the admin panel. It seems to just hang on loading never loads despite re-installations :)

Any help would be appreciative.

lancefusion, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have a few really ripe posts floating around here about that stuff. 5&6 were an utter trainwreck of completely asinine coding practices. Don't even get me started about their business model.

If you have the time and or know how I would take a look at http://www.socialengine.net/ or http://elgg.org/

Doing a site of this scope requires some work to get it done right. While accurate social engine and mods cost cash it will still be cheaper than making dolphin do everything it advertises without having a bunch of their ads on your site.

Dolphin is one of the worst apps I have ever had to deal with. Believe me, that is saying something ;)

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  3. Josh D.

Josh D. Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, Dolphin is full of crappy coding and quick fixes in patches that break something else.

I would suggest Elgg to get started.

Josh D., Feb 15, 2010 IP