1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Management Web Product

Discussion in 'General Business' started by builtSEO, Apr 25, 2014.

?

Domain Management tool

Poll closed May 2, 2014.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I'm managing 40+ domains purchased in sites like Godaddy, namecheap, name, bigrock etc.

Having domains in various websites and forgetting the domain expiration date is making me crazy. In some case, just before a day or two before expiration, renewal rates would be around $18 (like bigrock) and domain transfer takes few days (so had to renew at higher price)

So.. I thought whether why not make a simple web product that can mail/notify you about expiration date before 15 or 30 days.

Will people (Internet marketers, bloggers, webmasters) be using this product ? or is it a narrow niche and waste of time to pursue the idea?

builtSEO, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  2. builtSEO

builtSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do people live here? or my pre-building pitch sucks.. :eek:

Would be happy even if it is crappy idea... Saving my energy, money and time..

builtSEO, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  3. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something like http://www.domainpunch.com/ ... and there's a few others. Unless there's something different about this, the idea has been done...

sweetpea69, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  4. builtSEO

builtSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $49 is too much. don't you think? It provides too much features.
    I wonder how many people are using it. If there is xxxx+ people, then it will be good idea to start and target at low price.

Btw, thanks for sharing the product :)

builtSEO, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    iv'e never used it, I just knew it was around. If anything, it's not expensive enough imo...

I think you can break down the buyers into 3 categories. There's the end users (most of the ppl on DP who develop the domain), active domainers, and lazy domainers. The end user group probably won't need it, they are managing less and actively using them. Active domainers, could utilize it more, but then again, they are still active and stay on top of expiry dates for the most part. After all, the majority make a living or partial living off doing this. Then, there's the lazy domainers... those who spend a small and large fortune on domains w/ the intent to hold onto them for a long time. These are the ppl that are probably more than willing to shell out $$$+ for a service that will protect their investments. This is all loosely speaking, but how I look at it...

There's a lot of people that buy up domains, but not a whole lot of active domainers out there, at least ones that make a more than comfortable living from doing it. So then, we target those lazy investors who may not be hugely plentiful, but willing to pay a lot more than $49...this is all assuming they are not paying someone else to manage their investments for them ;)

Honestly, I really don't see the value in it. Maybe because I've never run into the issue. Would I pay $50? Definitely not. Then again, not sure I would pay anything for it... but I will say this, bluntly. There's a lot more stupid investors out there than there are informed. It's amazing how many more premium domains out there that sell for less daily, and absolute shit domains that sell for more. From personal experience, I've spoken with quite a few (by quite a few I mean a lot, no one here), that wanted some advice on their portfolio. The amount these people spend on the most ridiculous garbage is absolutely ludicrous. I seriously just want to slap some of these people, and say "wake the f' up" haha. So then again, maybe there is a huge market :p

...not that its stupid lol, just marketable

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    sweetpea69, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  6. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    To Me,

Nothing is impossible, do try this out :D

However, it is not an uphill task nor unique hence how are you going to compete or defend against competitors?

Best Regards,
    Commoner

Commoner, Apr 28, 2014 IP