1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't bogart that joint my friends...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hooter, Nov 26, 2004.

hooter, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That's pretty cheap man, last time I looked a bag of sinsy was going for over $200.00 for an OZ.

Glad I don't mess with it anymore, if I did I would grow my own :)

anthonycea, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  3. hooter

hooter Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure it is a book soon to-be-published with that title - you'd think they'd want to make that clear though?

hooter, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Man if I could buy a bag of dope at Target I might start smoking again, do they sell pipes and rolling papers also :confused: :) :p

anthonycea, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  5. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    Dunno quite how to answer this one.... I mean I enjoy a smoke, but I don't put it in other peoples faces and it is a weekend event. On one hand if you can order over the internet then its happy days, but it can also serve to draw some people into something they are not able to cope with properly and send them on a downward spiral.... I suppose a dealer is capable of the same.

The point I'm making is that it is always easier to deal with the internet than it is a shady guy in an alleyway or bar somewhere.... so it is more appealing.

I don't want to appear a hypocrite so I will say what I mean.... cannabis should be legalised and the taboo would be blown out the window.... its a fantastic alternative to alcohol and less harmful, If abused it will bring you down, but so will drink in a far greater way. The govt. would win.... the users would win and so would the police. *runs and hides.*

giz, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope they ship outside US. :)

melfan, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  7. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    Good one!

Delivery is free, but I'll have to wait 4-8 weeks to get it. It's gonna be dry by then. :D

Dji-man, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  8. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Right on, dude. I was chatting about this the other night with someone and the only valid point against the decriminalise/legalise it lobby is the 'driving whilst stoned' issue. Fair point.

The problem Britain has is with those people & parties opposing any sensible debate about potential reclassification of cannabis laws with their claim "it sends out the wrong message". So are they happy that we're sending out the "right" message with our drinking?

The UK has a really BIG issue with alcohol. Only last night I had to get out of bed, put on my ass-kicking boots and go terminate four drunks in the street who were pissing me off with their racket. If they'd been stoned I'm sure they'd have been quietly making their way home to raid the fridge :D

Lever, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  9. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    Lever.... your point about driving when stoned is as valid as driving when intoxicated.... you don't do it. If you do, then accept, if caught you will lose your licence and possibly face prison.... you are damn right.

We do have a big problem with drinking in the UK at the moment I see it in Birkenhead, Manchester and Liverpool and the odd time I visit Newcastle.... thing is I prefer two bottles of bud and a few splifs on a night out including a few bottles of j20....favourite being orange and passion fruit.... not in my character to get drunk.... a spliff sets me aside from the madness and confusion of the drunks.... hope you know where I'm coming from.

Regards.... Mark.

giz, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  10. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    LOL - No bud or J20 for us country boys, Mark, just ale and scrumpy, but I know what you mean about "keeping your head whilst all about are losing theirs". Our drinking culture for the most part is now way out of control.

Funny thing is that I don't smoke these days but I think the current laws are illogical and unreasonable and think British society will be better off when a genuinely sensible decision is made - Brixton's Police chief, Brian Paddick, had a good attitude toward pot.

I hope it changes one day, I'd be happy to run a 'deals on wheels' service like the one I saw in Amsterdam :D

Lever, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Lever, we used to run those kinds of deals back in the 70's, those were the days, but the one stop shop was inside of a leather jacket :D :p :)

anthonycea, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  12. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    LOL - and I remember you mentioned leb 'round here some while back, Anthony. It's been a while; that and double-zero. Talking of which, check this guy's Moroccan hashish journey article :)

Lever, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, great site, you know that Hemp products are big business and becoming quite an industry, just about anything can be made with it. :)

14. giz

giz Peon

Best Answers:
    Errrm!.... I hope it would be.... makes for a better smoke. lol.

giz, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  15. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    It certainly is good stuff - I've got a hemp t-shirt and a big bottle of motherhemp hemp oil in the cupboard - lots of essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 and 9) and good on pasta too :)

Auto manufacturers like BMW have caught on with the use of hemp as a part substitute for plastic in door panels.

And to think it's illegal to grow it stateside, what, because the logging lobby have greater clout? Jury's out on this one ;)

Lever, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Let me know when you are ready, I will partner with you on a site ;)

Do you do site design?

17. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Sounds good to me :) I do design (sites, logos, graphics, photos, flash etc) plus a lot of copywriting and a bit of SEO. You do any PHP, ASP or database stuff, Anthony? I know a little but not enough to do a full db site...

I'll dig out all my old research sometime and see what the plan is... :D

Lever, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I got friends that can do that, I always wanted to promote those goods and also goods made in the USA and have some domains to that effect.

PM me and I will give you more details.

19. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Such Great Heights, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  20. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Excellent point, in my younger days I was quite a pothead and for a couple of years partial to the odd tab of acid, and man did I have some good experiences with that, LOL.

Now fast forward and I'm in my fifties (early lol) I can see that it didn't do one scrap of damage to me. I have done triathlons, run marathons etc so physically no harm done there in spite of numerous broken bones from a couple of bad accidents I had. Drugs and alcohol played no part in those.
    My mind is excellent, I make my living as a sharetrader and a damn good one at that, so have to be alert and make decisions in split seconds. The only trouble I have is setting up the video recorder and working out all this seo stuff, LOL.

Now to my family and friends, those who got stuck into the alcohol (I had my share but never let it get hold of me). My father in law died at 54 from liver disease as did two of my best friends in there 40s.
    I know a lot of other people who have bad health or have never got ahead in life and it's all alcohol related, not to mention the violence in homes, again alcohol related.
    It appears that as we move into the 40s the effects of a lifetime of drinking alcohol seem to manifest themselves, whilst the dope smokers either lose interest or slow their intake markedly.

We grew up in the 60s and 70s with the message that smoking dope would kill off brain cells Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use.
    While millions have been busted and sent to prison for smoking dope it's perfectly acceptable to promote alcohol which from my observations is a far more harmful substance.
    I would rather see my children smoking dope than abusing alcohol. Truth is I don't encourage them to use either.

Cyclops

Cyclops, Nov 28, 2004 IP