1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't buy from buy.com

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mopacfan, May 26, 2005.

About five years ago, I ordered a view sonic 17" monitor from buy.com just before Christmas. I placed the order online and mailed them a money order. In the few days it took to receive my money order, they some how ended up out of stock even though I had placed the order when they were in stock. Then they told me the could not just let me chose a different monitor, that they had to send back my check and have me place a new order and send a new money order. I could not believe how piss poor their service was. After about ten phone calls and finally getting someone who actually cared, I was able to get the issue resolved and get a princeton graphics 17" monitor instead for only a few dollars difference.

I thought I had the issue resolved but it took another ten or so phone calls to actually receive the monitor. Finally after about a month, I received the PG monitor and I swore I'd never buy from buy.com again. I watched with delight, as they filed bankruptcy and were bought out. I thought it served those selfish bastards right after treating customers so poorly.

Here it is five years later and I thought I'd give them another try. I ordered a Belkin KVM switch online, on 11 May, since their price was so low. It was only a $30 order and I was not in a hurry so I figured what the heck since they're under new management. What a mistake. Here it is two weeks later and the order has not even left the warehouse. What kind of crap is that? And on top of that, they don't even offer phone support any longer. At least the number is not posted on their website anymore. So I did a whois and found their phone support number, 949-389-2000. I'm just waiting until 10am to call since they don't open till 8am PST.

(I posted this in my blog as well)

mopacfan, May 26, 2005 IP
  2. newbie100

newbie100 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard similar stories mopacfan, I thought they would improve with new ownership but its just the same.

newbie100, May 26, 2005 IP
  3. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    That sucks. Add them to the stab list immidietly!

MELLA, May 26, 2005 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I wrote to find out what's going on and this was their response:
    I wrote back: "I can assure you that I will NOT be purchasing anything else from your establishment. And after looking at your bizrate ratings, I see that I'm not alone."

This was their response after my reply:
    Gee, think they really care?

mopacfan, May 26, 2005 IP
  5. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Im sure buy.com had problems years ago because they built a site that most visitors couldnt handle at the time. I dont remember the details + I could be mistaken

Design Agent, May 26, 2005 IP
  6. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I just use newegg for a lot of my PC related stuff. I haven't tried Buy.com, and probably won't after reading this. Thanks Mopacfan.

Bazkaz, May 26, 2005 IP