1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't know what else to do!!

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by headless, Jun 16, 2010.

Hi all, I have set up a new social networking website (http://www.socialepic.com for those who want to know) about 2 weeks ago and I'm having no interest. I have advertised it on facebook and Twitter numourous times and have had only a few takers and I'm not sure what else I can do to drum up interest. It has alot of different and better features to facebook and Twitter but I don't know how to get people interested.

Hope someone can help.
    Thanks
    Kieran

headless, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  2. asphalt

asphalt Member

Best Answers:
    hmm i really think that you need some catchy taglines or things like that to tell your visitors firsthand what your site is about. When I get there, I really can't think of any reason that I should join. I mean it of course looks like a social networking site to me, but not on any niche, that doesn't make me think I belong there for any reason...So, I suggest you to at least put up something on homepage to tell people how your site differentiate with all the other hot and general social media site out there.

asphalt, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. grina

grina Member

Best Answers:
    Setting up and having success with a social networking site is very difficult. It will take very concentrated SEO, advertising and promotion. Good Luck

grina, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. graeme

graeme Guest

Best Answers:
    I suppose it's very difficult to start up a new social network site, because the main reason I wouldn't join one is that my friends aren't on it. So it's hard to get people to join when their friends aren't on there too...

graeme, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See you need to highlight the USP of your website and why people should join it. Only when people see the benefit they get from joining your website they will be ready.

Additionally see how your website can easily integrate with Twitter/FB so that your website is not an isolated island. The success of social networking site is only when it gels well with other popular sites like Twitter/FB etc.

seo_expert, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  6. Dhaval1983

Dhaval1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is quite difficult. You should be accurate enough in SEO, Advertising and etc....or start some kinda contest to attract the people to join.

Dhaval1983, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  7. headless

headless Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @asphalt - I have added a new banner showing off the great features the website has to offer to hopefully incise more people to sign up. Let me know what you think?

@grina - I think seo and advertising will be the next step

@graeme - Tell me about it, hopefully it will take a snowball effect

@seo_expert - I have currently added a facebook connect module that will basically allow you to sign up using your facebook login taking about 7 secs

@Dhaval1983 - I have thought about contests but i think they will be the last resort as i have tried them in the past on other websites and it hasnt worked

headless, Jun 17, 2010 IP