1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drop shipping business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ala101, May 2, 2010.

Hello all!
    I am new to the drop shipping business. I have 2 questions :
    1- How come some sellers on eBay can sell with prices cheaper than the prices i get from drop shippers?
    2- How can sellers on eBay have hundreds or thousands of items on their eBay store. Do they add them one by one? or there is a method to add a huge list of items at once?

please help answering these questions or giving any advice about drop shipping in general as i am still new .
    :)

ala101, May 2, 2010 IP
  2. tenev

tenev Active Member

Best Answers:
    1- if they buy like 1,000 Processors - that can be 40% cheaper than buying 10 Processors.
    2- i can only guess they add it one by one over the time and then they just increase the number of items :)

tenev, May 2, 2010 IP
    ala101 likes this.
  3. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The people that have thousands of listings usually have people working for them to post them online.

tjsocr22, May 2, 2010 IP
    ala101 likes this.
  4. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Depends how close the ebay seller is to the 'original' drop shipper. You may be buying from a drop shipper who buys from a drop shipper who buys from a drop shipper.

I would not bother with the drop shipping arena unless you found a small niche that was not being oversold. With the cost of ebay fees and the risk of your auctions going unsold it isnt worth the return especially if you are competeting with people selling at or below your cost to purchase.

ceaseer, May 2, 2010 IP
    ala101 likes this.
  5. ala101

ala101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great responses!
    Thanks a lot guys.
    I will test the water with some listings on eBay. Even though the profit margin is very low..
    It could be better if i can find a niche item oneday as your advice ceaseer.

ala101, May 3, 2010 IP