1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropshipping, is it good or bad?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by superman22x, Mar 24, 2006.

1. superman22x

superman22x Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of dropshipping laptops or something like that on ebay because I could make more profit per item. Would that be a good idea or could someone suggest something else?

superman22x, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  2. falco85

falco85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that laptops would bring you additional trouble that you don't want. Electronics stuff in general has got a higher "fault" possibility than a "standard" item. I mean, you should be concerned of warranty and return policies also and this would mean additional times and further costs.
    In my opinion, you should look for less expensive price, from $10 to $25, that are popular and simple, yet innovative. Say, for instance, flashlight pens (even if this is an inflationed item on ebay :D).

The real point is to find your own niche market, with poor competition, and do your best there!

falco85, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  3. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    Selling electronics is tricky. It would depend on the drop shipper you were using and the support they provided their sellers. If they are going to handle all warranty issues than I would say it is ok, but if not then stay away from electronics if you can.

TheNetCode, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. superman22x

superman22x Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you suggest any supplier you already use? I want to start with cheap products. About how much profit do you make per item?

superman22x, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to do some of this. What type of products interest you?

TheNetCode, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. superman22x

superman22x Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure yet. Everyone says to find a niche product but I can't think of any. I would like to dropship electronics, but there is a lot of compitition for that. Could someone pm me with a suggestion of a niche product that would be good to start with?

superman22x, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  7. superman22x

superman22x Peon

Best Answers:
    superman22x, Apr 3, 2006 IP
  8. isaiahz

isaiahz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using a dropshipper...it's the same one best buy, barnes and noble etc uses....the reason many of your dropshipping companies don't work is because it's the cheesey ones that you pay a membership for, where you can get the same prices on amazon.

Find out where major retailers are getting there product from..then contact them.

isaiahz, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  9. wiggs71

wiggs71 Member

Best Answers:
    Drop Shipping can be profitable if you avoid dealing with the middlemen who pretend to be dropshippers. Contact manufacturers directly and tell them that you are interested in becoming a virtual distributor. This will help you cut out the middleman.

wiggs71, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  10. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Its great but watch out for scammers.

FavouritesBlog, Mar 2, 2010 IP