1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupa 7 - Upload Modules and Themes with Ease

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by redzventures, May 2, 2011.

This is a very short post to express my amazement with Drupal 7. Despite considering the initial appearance as being a little awkward (especially the admin strip at the top) I discovered that Drupal 7 does what was previously cumbersome tasks, in record time and ease. Loading and enabling themes in Drupal 7 does not require you to use ftp or file manager in any way. Just click the "install theme" button from the themes page and you're done. You can also paste the theme address from the drupal.org theme page and paste the url into the dialogue box and Drupal 7 will go get the theme and install it for you. This removes the need for you to log into your server files and upload into theme folders, then go back to admin and enable.........Gone!

Installing modules is done in exactly the same way and these new features alone can justify the move to Drupal 7. Not that we have much of a choice as most hosting control panels will only offer Drupal 7. I'm not so happy with this because there is still not enough Drupal 7 themes and modules available yet to force people into uploading it.

Anyway, so far, so good.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
    redzventures, May 2, 2011 IP