1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal/Wordpress or Hand coding/PHP include?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by webdesignoob, Sep 29, 2012.

Hey guys, so I need to create a relatively static website, pretty much a review site. The problem is I need to create something like 90 pages worth of stuff so I need some sort of CMS. I've never used one before so I'm a little worried about the learning curve (Especially of learning drupal as I suck at php/sql). And I'm also worried about the unknowns (How does it affect page load time, number of requests, SEO things I'm not aware of). I have the basic website down so all I need to do is convert the html/css template into a drupal/wordpress theme or I think I can use php include. I need to be able to play around with the design itself because I will be doing some A/B testing on the landing pages. I would also like to be able to edit the header and footers if I need to.

So, the website won't have anything like a forum, comments section, or dynamic content so I don't really need a fancy CMS. But I need to be able to control the entire design across the entire website. The other option I think is using the php <include> function. Does anyone actually do this? Is this pretty much what a CMS does anyway? So doing something like: include('header.php'); include('footer.php'); include('section1.php'); include('quotes.php');

Whatever I choose I need to choose quickly. I need to be able to convert the HTML/CSS easily and quickly. (Maybe Wordpress would be better than drupal for this?)

etc...

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    webdesignoob, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  2. infocorpsolutions

infocorpsolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to go with Drupal and spend some time understanding its various components and once you will gain some knowledge of this CMS you will definitely be able to develop some good static websites as u mentioned , it seems complicated for the first or second time but it is easy later.

infocorpsolutions, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  3. technolabsoftware

technolabsoftware Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is very easy to understand and user friendly from admin as well, you can find detail material from wordpress.org website and you can learn by self as well!!

technolabsoftware, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  4. xuled

xuled Banned

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress should be the thing that you should go for. You can not do as many things in the other system.

xuled, Oct 8, 2012 IP