1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drying up

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by graphics337, Jan 21, 2008.

I was thrilled when i joined this thing a week ago and found all this stuff to talk about. A WEEK AGO PEOPLE, lol, and now its dry. I see a few posts of mine from a few days ago still floatin around. Surely theres more questions or issues that need addressing than are being asked, i mean come on, If there arent any questions or something, start here and post up what you think the most important thing you learned about in illustrator, photoshop, swift, flash, ANYTHING, just talk. There are about 3 names that i see when i check every thread, and if this keeps up, im going to snatch them up and we're going to start a business and you will all be missing out, lol. (but not too much loling cause im serious).

SO, what is the most beneficial thing you can think of that you know about one of the important programs in designing that you think others should know. None of this I agree with steve or that kinda mess, make this one of those threads with the cool flames by it and all that cause its burning up with good info.

Most beneficial thing I can bestow upon someone just starting out or someone whos been around a while and is missing out on some good stuff would be actions. In photoshop, make an action for something you do in day to day design, so that way you can literally click 1 button or strike 1 key and have 5,10,20,45 minutes saved. All you have to do is open the actions tab (Located behind the history palette) and make a new folder, call it "My actions" or something, and make a new one to go in there. Then click record (the circle) and go about your business, it make take a while to get it right, because you have to stop recording to go back and delete mistaken steps, but the results are SO well worth it that you can spare that little extra start up time.

If you have questions on making actions, hit me up, but lets get this part of the board back to life. Im re-reading my own questions and posts just to pass time.

I pass the torch now.

graphics337, Jan 21, 2008 IP