1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate content across social networks.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lucabrasi, Apr 16, 2014.

I like to camouflage my links on social site at about 20 percent mine and the other 80 percent is relevant but someone elses. Frequently I will find a good article and share it to all the sites. My sites are linked. Will Google see this as duplicate content or will it see me as sharing my finds with a different group of people.
    For example, you may tell the same fishing story to your buddies at work, and then to your friends at church, and then to the guys in the bar, and on and on. All using the same story. Would Google see this as duplicate content.

lucabrasi, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  2. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    We did not sign a "Terms of Use" policy that would prohibit these pictures from being posted or that would have given this 'gentleman' the authority to do so.

jasmeencress, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  3. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it. A same article across multiple url is a spam. Always remember it.

Naina S, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  4. Alex Toll

Alex Toll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know, I've shared the same links throughout various groups and pages on Facebook. With the same titles and all. It's all good, if I'm getting this right.

If you have a link - sharing it with a relevant community shouldn't be considered spam. That's why use the Facebook function (Share button) to spread the word. Don't just spam random places with random links.

As for the aspect of sharing the same story through multiple sites. You have to be careful. Research cannonical links and how they can help you out with this. Simply copy-pasting content is really bad.

Alex Toll, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  5. Lannister10

Lannister10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a really interesting question. @alex is explained perfectly but I can't say anything without seeing your site because I don't know, is that social site like Facebook, google+ or money making social sites, full of contents and entertaining images.

Lannister10, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid duplicate content at all costs. It will hurt your efforts in the long run.

danasurvey, Dec 8, 2014 IP