1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dynamic and Flexibility Issues WordPress or Joomla?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sandz, Jan 26, 2012.

Which offers a dynamic and flexible experience when creating sites? WordPress or Joomla?and Why?

sandz, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  2. FizixRichard

FizixRichard Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is procedural but has loads of plugins, which help it be dynamic and flexible. It isn't at its heart that flexible though, you can "hack it into shape", sometimes at your own peril (I've seen plenty of extended wordpress sites where the database is nasty afterwards).

Joomla is bloaty and complicated if your not quite well versed with application design (same goes for Drupal). While very flexible, I wouldn't recommend a beginner or even intermediate in some cases to choose those solutions.

There are other solutions out there that offer flexibility and are IMO better.

Expression Engine for example is very popular, has a nice structure and is highly customizable from the control panel, which is useful.

VUE Publishing Suite, which is my platform so I'm bias, I like the structure as it was originally built for my use and has high levels customization from the control panel.

Invision Board, while a forum solution at heart has grown into more, it now has loads of content management aspects and is flexible with a huge community behind it. It's a really well programmed solution to.

Now, the above three are the three I use. The reasons being, how they are built and how they work; also because of the support; as they are commercial applications you get a totally different level of support which I have found to be invaluable.

FizixRichard, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. sandz

sandz Peon

Best Answers:
    THANKS FixizRichard!!!

sandz, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  4. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi sandz,

Thanks for your advice. I've never had problems with wordpress, but I noticed some people complained about clients starting to edit the pages and posts and did a mess with the design and eventually the DB. So I'm just trying to be careful explaining my clients how to use it.
    I've never tried expressions engine.

Uhm, Invision Board is BIG solution, is not for everyone.

See ya :)

nicelife, Jan 28, 2012 IP