1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

E-Commerce engine that ties in to Point Of Sale? Does it exist?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Bobby Dazzler, Jul 16, 2008.

I would like to integrate my brick and mortar store's point of sale system with my online e-commerce. Then I only have to keep one inventory.

QuickBooks offers a third party solution. It's about $2000 I think, once you buy their software to start with.

It seems like ZenCart has an add-on called Olla-Cart that is $150.

Any feedback on either of these or other suggestions?

Bobby Dazzler, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  2. bigmeep

bigmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    There's tons of solutions. Its been awhile since I was doing accounting software consulting, but you might take a look at cpaonline.com (directory of acct software).

$2000 is a lot of money for a Quickbooks integrated solution. I know I've seen others out there that aren't as expensive. You could also look for something that has an import/export process and just manually synchronize with Quickbooks if you have to.

Vendors like Accpac, Sage, Great Plains, etc. all have their own solutions as well but then you are talking some bigger $$$.

A quick Google search turned up this connector that is only $300:
    http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-ecommerce-connector.php

It works with a bunch of different shopping carts (zen, osCommerce, etc.).

bigmeep, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  3. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link. $299 isn't bad, but you've got to buy the Quickbooks software as well, which is $800 at least.

Still trying to get by a bit cheaper :)

Bobby Dazzler, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  4. bigmeep

bigmeep Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you currently using as your point of sale system? The Webgility solution says it will work with Quickbooks Pro which is "only" $200. Are you using a cash register POS system itself to manage your inventory? Some POS vendors offer a PC package to import/export the data out of the equipment. Then you'll have to figure out how to massage the data for import/export to the e-commerce site, or push it into quickbooks and from quickbooks to the e-commerce site and vice versa. Or are you using some kind of custom PC-based POS software with a cash drawer? Do you own any accounting software at all or are you doing it all manually?

bigmeep, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  5. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler Peon

Best Answers:
    Current system is Cap Sellwise. By CapAutomation.

Wouldn't I need to buy Quicken's POS solution to use with Webigility? quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting_software/retail_pos_solutions/point_of_sale_basic.jsp looks like it's $799 and up. Unless I am mistaken about compatibility.

Bobby Dazzler, Jul 17, 2008 IP