1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

E - Commerce Site without Social Media Plug Ins - Are they Necessary?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Hampers, Oct 18, 2011.

I have an e-commerce site without any social media plug ins on the front page. I have been worried that people will not be able to 'like' the page or the site and that this is affecting my search engine ranking.

It is true that in the last year we have drifted off the first page and our inquiries have flagged a little. Is this because we have no fb plug in?

If so, what plug in would you advice to use? Should the fb 'like' button be for each and every product?

Thanks for your advice and help...

Hampers, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  2. rajni26

rajni26 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll say social media plug in & buttons are highly recommended for e-commerce website, because e-commerce website doesn't have so much of text that search engine can easily find & rank you on top. Social media can help you in getting both traffic & rank. You should have Facebook like button & share button on all your product pages. Create your product videos & submit in video sharing websites like Youtube, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. Add youtube button on home page, this will help you in boosting your website ranking.

Thanks,
    Rajni

rajni26, Oct 19, 2011 IP