1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay and paypal question. I think I just got screwed out of $4500

Discussion in 'General Business' started by x0x, Jun 2, 2010.

This is the deal I had with the seller on ebay:

He would list the item that is worth $4500 for $500 and I would pay $500 through ebay and transfer the rest ($4000) directly to his paypal. I wanted to do it like this to save on various fees...

I think the seller is not going to send me anything and saw a good opportunity to scam me. If I'm going to start filing paypal disputes, what's the best thing I could do to get my money back? I should still qualify for the buyer protection, correct? Item not as described or item not received? Since the seller provided me with no tracking the last option would be better. However if he does come up with a tracking code I can't say that I didn't receive it. Would a item not as received dispute work the same as it would through ebay? They will ask me to send it back and refund me?

The $4000 transaction had my shipping address there too.

Advice?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
    x0x, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that.
    But your only change to get back the money is thru charge back by CC.

mentos, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to review the buyer protection policy, however, it states that one of the conditions is that "You paid for the item in one lump payment (transactions involving multiple payments, such as a deposit followed by a final payment, are not covered)."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

mjewel, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  4. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What makes you think that he is going to scam you and what fees have you saved?

You could already have the item and you are trying to get your money back and keep the item.

You see how tricky these situations can be to work out who is telling the truth, give the seller time to keep his part of the deal.

Good luck.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Jun 2, 2010 IP