1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay question

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ssimon171078, Aug 10, 2014.

Can i sent to different address in ebay when buy something using paypal ,i want to buy some products and sent to my clients ?

ssimon171078, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can ask the seller to ship to a different address when you make the purchase. Some sellers have that option set up automatically and for others you need to put it in the field that asks for any special notes, etc.

jrbiz, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  3. LiveFromCloud

LiveFromCloud Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask this before buying, some sellers might think that your account is hacked and may refuse to send items to different address.
    Good luck!

LiveFromCloud, Aug 11, 2014 IP
  4. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing to consider, PayPal will only give sellers protection if they ship to the original address listed with the buyer's PayPal account. So many sellers (me included) will not ship to an alternate address since we lose seller protections. Besides, if you are shipping to clients of yours then it seems like it would make more sense for you to do the shipping to the client, thereby giving you a chance to include your own marketing information and of course the customer service aspect of handling your clients directly. If you ask to have the packages shipped from the seller to your clients you are giving your client's information to the seller. This can dilute the value of your list by passing it around and may make you liable for passing on personal information to a third party without permission.

George Peirson, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    These are really good points that I neglected to mention. That said, there was a time when I was an eBay Powerseller with something like over 14,000 positive feedbacks. 99% of my sales were into the U.S. (generally does not make sense to ship cables internationally) and we would take the chance and ship to the unauthorized address to keep the customer happy (and hopefully get a positive feedback.) I do not recall ever using the Paypal Buyer Protection service, by the way. Of course, we were selling cheap cables for a few bucks, so it was not really worth ripping us off, for the most part.

The point about exposing your client to the seller and also your seller to your client may matter if you are in the same business as the seller. However, if you sell engineering services and are buying candy for your longtime client, it is not much of an issue.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    jrbiz, Aug 19, 2014 IP