1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBook problems?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tandy, Feb 19, 2010.

Im in the beginning stages of writing my own eBook series on a hip hop dance but the problem i face is getting people who want to learn the dance, pay me £5 for 1 eBook or £12.50 for the 3 set series.

the big problem is, that there are tutorials on youtube, but my will be access whether you have internet access or not (if purchased) so would you think thats a good selling point... or shall i not bother with the 3 book series?

all advice welcome :)

tandy, Feb 19, 2010 IP
  2. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you need a more original approach to hip hop dancing. Who are you targeting? How will you reach them? What can you offer that is different?

For me I would love to learn hip hop dance but doing it via an eBook doesn't make sense - you need to see the moves and hear music. What about a DVD?

freshdevelopment, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  3. tandy

tandy Peon

Best Answers:
    The hip hop dance is C-Walk
    (a video of Cwalk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TSy0Z5qTE)

im targeting, all types of cwalkers, begginers, intermediates and advanced walkers.

the difference between me and youtube is that once it has been purchased it can be printed out and be learnt even if the reader is no where near a computer or have internet access at that moment in time... (e.g travelling to supermarket etc)

in my ebook, with be step by step pictures on how the moves are structure and processed..

i suppose once i have produced all the books, i can also produce a dvd, which again,.. but it has a higher rivalry with youtube than my ebooks do...
    but a dvd would be a good option as well as the books as they be stored on phones, ipods etc. and still be viewed if the viewer doesnt have access to the net at that moment in time...

tandy, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  4. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,I'm not sure whether your idea is good or not.But I still want to know that if you have the confidence of
    being successful.For me,I don't think it's a good idea.People who would like to learn dancing may not have any
    interest on reading ebooks,compared to the videos online.

Steve Powers, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  5. bobzzz

bobzzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with an ebook and dvd`s.People learn much quicker from videos than from a book.

I do not think people will try the moves while in the supermarket etc etc etc.

I think your idea could work you just need to market it very well.You could use youtube to show people some moves(teasers) and tell them that you have a full dvd they could buy.if your moves are good i am sure people wont mind to pay you for the dvd`s

bobzzz, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  6. tandy

tandy Peon

Best Answers:
    so you are saying that the DVD is the best possible way forward to go?
    and yes they do practise in supermarkets etc because i used to and i know many people that make their own c-walk videos in town centre's!

tandy, Feb 20, 2010 IP