1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Economic Destruction!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Apr 17, 2005.

We have been discussing the "terror" subject in another thread here on Digital Point and part of the discussion includes how the war and terror effects the economy worldwide.

Since the war has driven up oil prices in many ways by making the dollar weaker because of the budget deficit we find that terror is a great factor in the world's economic engine. The continued war also has made moving oil and producing it in the second largest oil producing country in the middle east much more risky and expensive.

The other factor causing a lack of confidence in the dollar is the trade deficit and currency problems with China who pegs it's currency to the value of the dollar so USA based manufacturers gain no competitive advantage when the dollar moves lower to help our exporters.

Outsourcing is also causing great job loses in America and many parts of the country are slipping into depression as very important manufacturing jobs move offshore and more and more American plants are shut down.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002243908_postmanufacturing-a17.html

Please leave your comments on how we can put pressure on Washington to do something about this destruction of high oil prices and manufacturing job losses in this country.

How do you folks outside of the United States see your economies being effected by our policies?

anthonycea, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    <<insert>>The Sound of Crickets<</insert>>

yfs1, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    AC..
    What about the Africans, Indian and Asians that have spent hundreds of years being bleeded by the 'western' world ?

We have what we have right now because of what we took in the past.

Maybe this is just Karma..

Design Agent, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well the real reason for closing down plants here in the USA is our executives are doing away with decent wages.

When they move plants to China they do not have to deal with Unions, pay for insurance benefits, pensions and all the other things that unions have demanded for their member workers.

Even Bill Gates is moving a lot of work to China.

anthonycea, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  5. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Naomi Klein No logo - great book
    See http://www.nologo.org/

Yep and as Chinese wages rise, unions form all the big corps are going to move to the next cheap labour resource.

AC - your solution is to leave bush in power and wait to the economy is so bad in the US that the wages are competitive with china ;)

Design Agent, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    wow, you got up early today, AC...

I haven't even gone to sleep yet. Damn internal clock is all screwed up

fryman, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  7. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Anthony tends to blow things way out of proportion. From what I gather, he doesn't put forth much effort at getting work, so he think's everyone in the US has the same financial challenges he does. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Listen to Anthony long enough, everyone in US sleeps in card board boxes under a bridge and picks through the trash can of McDonalds to feed their kids :rolleyes:

He speaks for the nutjobs we have in our country, but not the normal folks.

GTech, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I am up early Fryman so I can get my ass out to work like a dog on a brick laying crew, that is how bad my business is.

No DA, I am going to move to China also, I am not going down with the Bushtanic :eek:

PS: GTech, you just told us the other day that you lost your entire business in 2002 or was that a fabrication :confused:

anthonycea, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Yep, I sure did. Are you saying that your memory is so severely lacking, that you cannot remember why?

GTech, Apr 18, 2005 IP