1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Economy picking up? How is everyone doing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian123, Sep 11, 2013.

Well we are now supposed to be well and truly seeing a rise in spending, confidence increasing and the economy on the mend.

How are people doing? Are you seeing an improvement or are things still tough?

For me, it is still a little tough but I am feeling positive that things are slowly improving.

Brian123, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When the stock market had it's panic session back in 2008 I did lose a bit, but I also bought stock and recouped my losses eventually. I also managed to pick up 2 revenue properties for about 45 cents on the dollar. (I base this on their former value)
    Both properties have given me rental revenue, and today are worth about 95 cents to their original value. I also resigned a contract about 1.5 years ago that is better for me money and time wise, so I guess I'm doing better these days than I was.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  3. artofmarketing

artofmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is funny is that many people after the market crashed back in 2008 went online to find new ways to make money which actually made it better for Internet Marketers... at least in the Make Money Online niche... What do you think?

artofmarketing, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  4. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    The economy is NOT picking up.

Make no mistake.

1/3 of USA is working.

That means only 100,000,000 people have jobs, but 200,000,000 are out of work.

When the USA tanks, the world tanks as a result.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

USA stops buying, stops producing, and it hurts everyone.

But that doesn't mean you can't succeed right?

Focus on you.

CandleKeep, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was going to say pretty much what @CandleKeep said. Here in FL it's still pretty bad. The thing is those who were doing well in the past are still doing well. It's the people that had little or nothing are suffering the most. My wife told me just the other day about a couple that have had the electricity off in their house for 6 months now, and they have no running water. No income to pay the bills. And they are not alone. It's really, really tough for some people right now.

qwikad.com, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  6. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep.

Since 2/3 of people are out of work... That means that goods, services, and land are all VERY cheap.

So, if you have a good job? It's very VERY easy to get ahead.

If you're struggling?

You're screwed.

One of my colleagues (and his wife) have stacked up over 6 figure debt in college.

Imagine having a 6 figure debt, BEFORE even having a house?

Imagine the interest on the monthly payments? BEFORE your mortgage?

CandleKeep, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  7. AliceHarrold

AliceHarrold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The economy is not picking up - the governments have diluted currency to such an extent, that its actually not really going to pick up.

AliceHarrold, Sep 13, 2013 IP