1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Elance/Upwork/Guru are still the best to get quality Clients

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Shahzad Jameel, Oct 2, 2015.

I have a quick question specially from the members who are using Elance/Upwork/Guru/Freelancer, are these websites are still good to get some quality work and clients. I am working on Elance(which is now Upwork) from last 5 years or so but the never seen such a bad situation. Prices are very very low, clients are more and more demanding.

So looking forward for your thoughts.

Shahzad Jameel, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  2. heike

heike Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried Elance for the first time this year, I get my clients primarly from other sources, so it was for me just a test of whether Elance is good for me.
    End result - I was way more expensive than my competitors and price seem to be the primary motivation for people to come on Elance.
    So in the end I decided to stop reacting to proposals, I'm quite happy with clients that get outside of Elance.
    Just my 2 cents..

heike, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  3. ebizzme932

ebizzme932 Member

Best Answers:
    i feel is it win win solutions and both party can nego the best deal and offer

ebizzme932, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  4. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am on Elance for two years now and I have managed to find some good clients with whom I stayed for a very long time. I work for one for a year now. I guess you need to spend some time doing low-paid, short-term jobs in order to find something which will be long-term and better paid.

cwvps1, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  5. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I noticed(might be I am wrong), it's not easy to find good new clients now there. Isn't it?

Shahzad Jameel, Oct 7, 2015 IP