1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Elgg --> something very similar for social networking community

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by speedking, Apr 21, 2007.

Hello all,

I have been trying out many CMS over the last week or so but many were not suitable for a community type site I want to create. Some are way to diffucult to understand or modify to look like what I want.

I have just come across Elgg @ http://elgg.org/ and in it's relative infancy, it is quite good. It allows a lot of things to be done out-of-the-box but obviously lacks plugins and rapid development to make it perfect.

I like the fact that user's can create their own account and then allow other user's who login or friends to view certain things they have written or uploaded. Basically setting up groups and excellent rights access. I also like the fact that it is easy to modify and skin your own template via css.

Is there something out there that is VERY similar to this CMS? I just want a slightly more advanced and refined option if possible.

I am not keen on CMS like Joomla as it seems very complex when I played around with it. Elgg is instantly usable and fits around what I want to do and offers very good way of people to interact with others.

I like textpattern, wordpress and expressionengine but obviously are not suited for a community site. I just want an easy to use and skinnable social CMS :)

Thanks,

speedking, Apr 21, 2007 IP