1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email ID is vitally important for Online Business. How to make it more Secure?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by vexed, Jul 28, 2010.

OK, if someone hacked into your email Id they will be able to so many things...quite likely even transfer your domains. Domains gone business gone!

So how do you People secure your email ID's? non-hackable passwords are fine but something more?

Is free Gmail account fine for a primary Business eMail? or may be should one go for premium paid eMail ID's...

Thanks.

vexed, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. xXRahulXx

xXRahulXx Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think Google( or any other email provider) provides less protective measures to Free IDs over the Premium ones.
    The price charged to Premium customers it usually for add-on services like no ads,extra space, etc..

Best way to secure you passwords to make them strong enough to be really hard to crack.
    Apart from that, the only thing that you can do it to make sure nobody else has access to your password.
    Besides these two things, you do really have anything in your hand to protect you IDs

xXRahulXx, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  3. vexed

vexed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure, Paid emails may not offer better protection from my account getting hacked...but atleast they would help me to get it back once it happened. Would someone at gmail listen to me if i have a problem? Vastness of Gmail scares me.

vexed, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  4. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably best to use one provided via your isp that is connected to your rental account when dealing with domain accounts etc.

At least that way if it is ever hijaacked you can get it back again far easier etc as it is attached to your isp account.

Then use either use an account on your server or gmail for general emails about your site if you want.

vagrant, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  5. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google offers apps for business which gives you a secure email address. Also the best way to not get hacked is to have an extremely strong password, add upper cases in the password and numbers and lower cases so its very hard to brute force the password.

zurpit.com, Jul 28, 2010 IP