1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email List Management?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sudoku, Jan 22, 2007.

So one of the things I've been doing on my website is allowing people to sign up for a "puzzle via email" every day. I've got a primitive (read: my labor intensive) way of managing who is on the list, and a fairly good automatic way of sending the puzzles out.

But I've become concerned about this looking bad from the ISP's point of view, that I have a page that launches essentially to send a lot of emails, makes it look like it could be spam although I'm (manually) making people double opt-in, and otherwise being very white hat.

So, found a link on laughingsquid.com that mentions a number of mailing list services, and it seems like time to move to that, but I've no idea which one to pick. Anyone got horror stories or ringing endorsements they'd like to offer?

(Not sure quite how to classify this question, but Content Management seemed like the best fit...)

sudoku, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  2. syia

syia Member

Best Answers:
    actually are you trying to find an autoresponder? aweber.com should be good..even the free one zookoda.com can also be use.. but need you to do manually adding emails

syia, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  3. Andyz

Andyz Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, aweber is often told to be the absolute best! So if you can afford it, I think, it's a no-brainer. Getresponse is also very much recommended.
    If you don't want to make yourself a big head with researching and so, then this can be your solution. :)

Andyz, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  4. sudoku

sudoku Peon

Best Answers:
    No, not an autoresponder... What I want is more or less an announcement list where I'm the only one authorized to send the messages, if that makes sense.

sudoku, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  5. mani

mani Peon

Best Answers:
    did you try PhpList? its best and free

mani, Jan 25, 2007 IP