1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Embed CMS within website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Vcize, May 29, 2010.

Is there a way to embed a CMS within an already existing website?

Currently my site is set up with a static header, sidebar, etc. The center of the page (content section) is just a php include file. I would like to have a CMS take the place of the content section, so that I can post articles, etc without having to totally re-do the header and whatnot for the CMS.

The site is http://www.miamidolphinsposters.com

Basically, the center section where the posters are now I would like to replace with a content management system that I can use for posting articles and whatnot, while leaving the rest of the page untouched.

Is this possible? If so, with what CMS?

Vcize, May 29, 2010 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    The way it's usually done is to match the CMS to the website. 2 things cannot occupy the same space. when you see sites with CMS like wordpress that seem to be embedded, what is actually happening is that they have configured, color matched and duplicated the look of the website for the CMS.

I could be wrong, but I am going to say that you cannot simply embed a code below the existing header and have a CMS. You need to customize the CMS to match the website.

hmansfield, May 29, 2010 IP
  3. Vcize

Vcize Member

Best Answers:
    Vcize, May 30, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Good for you. Never heard of it, but if it gets the job done and does what you need, that's all that matters.

hmansfield, May 31, 2010 IP