1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

embedding metadata in images (in Photoshop)

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Pixelrage, Aug 28, 2007.

This is a feature I've ignored for years. Last night, I attempted to save some metadata in a JPG, through File > File Info. I filled in the fields for "document title", "author", "description" and "keywords" and checked off "copyrighted". I then clicked OK, and re-saved the JPG. I closed the image, then opened it up again in Photoshop and went back to File Info - but all of the data I saved didn't appear - all of the fields were blank.

How do you get the meta information to save?! I can't see why that didn't work...

Pixelrage, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  2. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what version of Photoshop you have but when I do it in CS2 it works fine.

There is a brief tutorial here: www.depiction.net/tutorials/photoshop/fileinfonotes.php
    but it's not much different than what you already did...

eruct, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I have CS2 as well...I actually tried doing this at work - I have CS3 there. It worked fine! I can't imagine why it's not working with CS2....I'll try using Adobe Bridge and see if that works.

I have a feeling that this has a lot to do with getting good SERP's for google image results.

Pixelrage, Aug 28, 2007 IP