1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Embedding private videos

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by lilac2, Nov 8, 2008.

Hi

I am setting up an e-course that will feature private video tutorials. The problem I have is that when I go to YouTube and upload the video I set it to "private" because I do NOT want the whole world to see it but I set up "embedding" to "Yes" -- however it seems when it's set to 'private' the embedding will not work!

I am attempting to hide the video from the world but to still be able to embed it on the page I want to run the course at.

It seems this YouTube setting is conflicted, but in either case I am looking for the best method to do this.

1. If I stream the videos direct from my hosting account will it strain bandwidth too much?
    2. Is there a YouTube alternative that will allow me to do this?

Thanks for any advice.

lilac2, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  2. ngcoders

ngcoders Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just stream it from your local hosting , Unless ur videos are gonna be viewed a lot ( say 10 k time a day ) dont worry .

There are service(paid) which allow this but use local hosting why pay extra .

ngcoders, Nov 9, 2008 IP