1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Encryption

Discussion in 'General Business' started by robertbanking, Mar 14, 2022.

Hello you amazing people, happy Monday, hope all is well.

I have received a few medical reports and private documents in relation to my business which i have on my hard drive. However i wanted to kindly ask if anyone knows the best password protection software so when i try and open these it asks for a password? I really dont like the idea if my laptop is stolen this data can be accessed and i know the computer password can be bypassed.

I would be grateful for any advice you can kindly give. Thank you very much for your time and your support. All the best.

robertbanking, Mar 14, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One thing that you could do is use an online .zip file creator that will password-protect the compressed files like https://www.protectedzip.com/. There may still be free shareware that you can download to your PC and do it locally, which would be better, but I haven't looked in a while.

jrbiz, Mar 16, 2022 IP
  3. robertbanking

robertbanking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much jrbiz i really appreciate your thoughts and advice on this, i am very grateful.

I guess the only problem is you would need to decompress the files as well as enter the password every time you need to access the files. Do you kindly please know of any software that would simply password protect files please?

I really appreciate your advice it is very helpful. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and take care.

robertbanking, Mar 23, 2022 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Mac or Windows?

I'm sure I've seen some promoted for macs

sarahk, Mar 23, 2022 IP
  5. tibberous

tibberous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Winrar lets you make password protected .rar / .zip files.

tibberous, Apr 12, 2022 IP
  6. Ironfury

Ironfury Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I am not mistaken there is a inserted tool in Windows platform, I don't know for sure whether MacOS has the same, but you can check it out in the net.
    As for Windows, then you just click on the document which you want to secure and then in the settings choose the options "Access" -> "Password protection". In this case you will set up a password on this document or if you want to do on the whole folder, then just do the same. Of course, there are other software in the internet which can secure your folders and documents, but it's better to be attentive in this case as there are dozens of people who want to steal your data by such a way.

My friend once got in such a situation when all his data was stolen because he downloaded from the internet the software.

Ironfury, Jun 25, 2022 IP