1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Enquiry for vat registration

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MALAY, Feb 1, 2011.

Hi,
    I wish to start a new enterprise for supplying ready electrical and hardware items to various government and semi-government departments. Please advise me regarding VAT and other registration procedure.
    In anticipation.
    With regards,
    Malaykumar Maiti.

MALAY, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. oswaldpeters

oswaldpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    I assume you mean to the UK - having mentioned VAT.

Are you a resident in the UK? You'll need to decide whether to incorporate a limited liability company or trade by yourself (sole trader or partnership). There are pros and cons of each method and I'd advise talking to a registered accountant about that.

You'll have to formally set up the company (although if you're a sole trader it's one form) and again you'll have to register for VAT.

If you're turning over £70,000 or more per annum you will need to register for VAT. Otherwise you may be able to register voluntarily if it would benefit you.

There's more information at the HMRC website.

I hope this was of use!

oswaldpeters, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. MALAY

MALAY Peon

Best Answers:
    (In cotext to the above reply)
    Thanks for your heed. But I would like to append that my query was regarding VAT registration in INDIA.

MALAY, Feb 1, 2011 IP