1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Entertainment Business, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BZZUP, Jul 10, 2010.

Hey all,
    I am wondering, does anyone on the forum runs an entertainment business (managing/organising events.. etc).

If so, is it a risky business?
    How long does it take for it to be successful?

I would like to start one up within Australia, any advice for me?

Thank you so much.

BZZUP, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  2. CurvyNation

CurvyNation Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a VERY risky business. But, if you find something that would make you stand out, then it would be a little easier. To tell how long it takes would be hard because it would depend on your market. You could open something that doesn't have much competition and it might be an overnight success, or you could do something that people just won't take to and it would never work. What type of entertainment business are you interested in specifically?

CurvyNation, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  3. BZZUP

BZZUP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey CurvyNation,

First of, thanks for your reply. :)
    Umm, sort of nightlife entertainment. Having events every Saturday night at a known club within the city. Or running under18s music festival events. Might also do tours for artists and whatnot.

Yes, it's risky. The thing is, I love doing this type of stuff.. meeting new people, managing and organising.

Thank you.

BZZUP, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  4. victoryreds

victoryreds Peon

Best Answers:
    party promotions is always fun and easy money. i used to dj and promote parties during my college years. the only part that sucked were working during late hours.

victoryreds, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  5. BZZUP

BZZUP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Victoryreds,

Yea, being a dj is a pretty hard job. There are so many dj's out there.. Although, it is fun.. meeting new people etc. It's worth it. :)

BZZUP, Aug 18, 2010 IP