1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Estimating revenue

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eddie_one_chop, Aug 5, 2013.

Hi,

I have had an idea for a web site and am trying to figure out whether I should even bother with it, normally when I have a business idea I work out how much it will cost me to make and then how much to sell and that gives me an indication of whether it is a goer or not.

I've not set up a web business before and am struggling with working out what sort of revenue I can expect, is there any data anywhere to show the average revenue from CPM and CPC and also average click through rates for CPC ads, anything that can help me do some revenue projections, or anything that would help really!

I have tried to look for this sort of information from google adsense and other ad networks but as I don't have an actual site yet it seems like no one will tell me anything!

Thanks,

Eddie

eddie_one_chop, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    And anyone who did would be lying to you.

Why does one website convert 3% of its traffic, and another website convert at .002%?

You have different traffic coming from different sources, you have different websites that differ in sales copy... why would you think that ANYONE could give you an answer to such a question?

At least, if you were opening a McDonald's - you'd have a general idea of traffic flow in the area, and enough McDonald's have previously existed so that a good idea can be gathered of potential conversion of existing traffic.

No such templar exists for websites.

Some Amazon Affiliate sites convert at 3% of their traffic, others convert 14% of their traffic - what's the difference? Sales copy, traffic sources, amount of traffic, items being sold... there's too many variables!

Khadaji, Aug 5, 2013 IP