1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Estimating Value

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aaronc, Dec 31, 2011.

How is a site valued ? Obviously traffic and income,.....but how much does growth rate factor in ? In my area if a rental house is renting for $500 a month that house could expect to be in the $70,000 - $75,000 range........give or take. If a website brings in $500 a month would that be a good comparison for value ? I would think the site would acually be worth more given lower overhead and general maintenance issues. At the end of the day I understand that the decision to sell anything is up to the individual but just looking for some thoughts on the issue from some web oriented people.Thanks,Aaron

aaronc, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  2. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on a few things - there have been some previous threads with a lot of info, though a re few things to consider are:

- What revenue over the next 12-months can it generate?
    - Does it have room to grow, or in a declining vertical?
    - Can it be further monetized (might not make a difference to the overall value, but might make it more attractive to buyers)
    - Do you have customers or permission marketing email lists?

There's no simple formula for website valuations - and it also depends on how well you can 'sell' the site!

Good luck!

web3k, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  3. aaronc

aaronc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response.How much is a going rate for an email list ? For example what is 100,000 emails from registered users worth ? Or does that vary as well?

aaronc, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    To add to web3k's response which is fairly extensive in itself, I just wanted to point out that maintenance is another consideration. If a site is high maintenance to run, obviously it's a deal breaker for many buyers and that would influence the final sale price.

dcristo, Jan 1, 2012 IP