1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ethics question when I design a cms site for a client

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by misstheresa2009, Nov 5, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

I have an ethics question. I will be designing sites for clients using mostly Wordpress. I will be offering the option for the client to pay my fee over several months. I was thinking of using a system where I will control their admin area and not give them full access until the entire fee has been paid. My question is, if they are unwilling or unable to pay the rest of the bill is it ethical to revoke access to their site and only grant them access if they pay? I don't want to shutdown someone's site. I will check around to see if this is legal, but I am asking if this is ethical.

I would be happy to hear what some of you think about this or have any suggestions.

misstheresa2009, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  2. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bad headache looming. Can you just collect the entire amount or give a leeway for a month or two before giving them full access. If they need some tweaks, you can ask for additional charges. I always believe keeping your customers happy will bring in more money :)

Philvault, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  3. misstheresa2009

misstheresa2009 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that feedback. I got the idea to accept monthly payments from someone who isn't involved in web design or small business. I really want to help my clients but as you suggest, giving them great service may be a better option.

misstheresa2009, Nov 5, 2012 IP