1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expanding Project, looking for development partners experienced with CMS platforms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by OIOplus, Jan 17, 2008.

Project: http://www.oiopublisher.com

Aim:
    to connect bloggers with their target audience, whether that be readers, advertisers, or other bloggers, in practical and effective ways.

Background: It started off as a direct sales platform, but is expanding to encompass the statement above (see here for things in development, to get a better idea). I'm currently the sole developer, and only have the time to continue development with the Wordpress CMS.

What I'm looking for: developers who are experienced with standalone CMS / blogging platforms (anything from Moveable Type to Drupal and beyond), and would be interested in porting, maintaining, and further developing scripts to interact with the individual platforms. Obviously the project would favour those platforms that are used as blogging platforms.

Incentive:
    so far it has proven popular with those that have used it, and I've had nothing but positive feedback. With more exposure, it could go a lot further, especially now that I've recently started selling access to the download, and associated services. The idea with multi-platform development would be to let developers retain the bulk of any sales for the platform they are working on. Additionally, if a developer were to come up with a central monetisation strategy (see DigiZine, Ad Network ideas in the labs), they would be entitled to a share of any revenue generated for OIO from it.

Secondary Aims: to move the script towards a more standalone product, that can easily be hooked into different platforms. In addition, further development of services to aid with the primary aim set out above would also be an end goal, with developers working together to deliver a comprehensive user experience.

This is just an exploritory note at this stage, to see who (if anyone) would be interested in the idea, and from there move on to the details.

OIOplus, Jan 17, 2008 IP