1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expat-focused cinema website with 7k pageviews/mo - monetization?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Klaus Jensen, Jul 14, 2023.

To scratch my own itch, I built a website, which via scraping aggregates cinema movie listings in Barcelona, filters for the ones playing with English audio (not dubbed, as most movies are in Spain). I also publish a weekly (automated) newsletter, which informs about what is playing in the coming week. That newsletter only has about 60 subscribers at this time.

I have about 2000 uniques/7500 pageviews per month, mostly from google searches (I rank quite well for relevant keywords).

It has been many years since I last dealt with adsense and another ad network, which I have now forgotten the name of. My impression is, that for this amount of users/views, you will earn close to nothing. Am I mistaken?

The users are most likely tourists or expats - or locals who just want to watch movies without it being ruined by dubbing.

What would be a good way to monetize this site - and how much do you think I could make by doing so?

Ps. The site name is not a secret, but I dont want to seem like I am promoting it here. Ask me if you want to know.

Klaus Jensen, Jul 14, 2023 IP
  2. mitchellstg

mitchellstg Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay so this is what I've got.
    1. Don't downplay your user base, most people create something and get 0 visitors/users! Plus your SEO seems to be on point. Great job keep it up!
    2. I'm not an expert with ads since I usually avoid them but you may not make much with such a small user base and most are probably going to focus on watching the content on your site over clicking ads BUT as your user base grows this small money will most likely grow. If you are okay with playing the long game you could focus your efforts on increasing your traffic with your great SEO and build your profit from ads over time.
    3. Also you say that your users are most likely tourists and I would follow up with "why don't you know"? If you can't measure it you can't manage it. Maybe add some basic analytics to really gain insight into who is on your site. This will definitely make it easier to not only monetize but will mostly likely shine some light on other monetization opportunities.
    4. The news letter is a cool idea and again if you have 60 subscribers to it, that is some good proof that there is something to work with. Definitely wouldn't hurt to start doing some research on what they want and why they subscribed. This could be an opening to a community forum or even better...paying subscribers that use your site often. If you aren't tracking and learning what's truly going on within your site you could be walking right past opportunity. Maybe they're on your site because you're solving a common problem? Maybe this could be a tool for many people that need this kind of functionality, like those who watch anime.

Anyways, they're plenty of ways to monetize a userbase, gaining them was the hard part. I would suggest you find out what your working with first and some good and possibly obvious ideas will come about. Good luck!

mitchellstg, Jul 19, 2023 IP
  3. CustomconeSleeves

CustomconeSleeves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Focus on leveraging your great SEO, track user analytics, and understand your user base to explore various monetization opportunities and grow your profit over time.

Best Regard,

Cone Sleeves

https://packagingxpert.com/custom-cone-sleeves

CustomconeSleeves, Jul 25, 2023 IP
  4. Klaus Jensen

Klaus Jensen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for both of your replies! Much appreciated.

I will focus on:
    - Figure out more about my users (who they are, so I can figure out how to monetize them)
    - Continue to drive more traffic with improving SEO and building backlinks

Thanks for your replies. If you (or anybody else) have input, I am happy to hear about it! :)

Klaus Jensen, Jul 25, 2023 IP