1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expiremental Myspace Campaign.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by aqrhine, Aug 9, 2006.

I started a myspace campaign while I work on the site I plan to build up friends. So far my first hour of having it up I have 10 people wanting to add me, and around 20 people that have accepted via "Adder Robot"..

The website I'll be promoting when it's up and running is a Automotive racing car fan site. The Myspace account has a picture of this hott chick, with pictures of my truck also stating that she's part of the team.

So what I plan on doing is getting one of my girl friends to take a photoshoot with my truck, i'll get my best looking friend I have in her bikini taking pictures with my truck. I'll post these on the website, and I'll have more pictures of the truck on the website. People will add "her" as a friend and in turn visit my site.

Sure it's a little deceptive, and it's wierd getting messages from guys on myspace saying "your gorgeous, how bout you send me some information about yourself" but what the hell I plan on doing this for 2 months and analyze my results i'll be posting in this thread and I'll let you know if I see any traffic when I open it up.

aqrhine, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting! Keep us updated!

Are you adding people from certain demographs or just anyone?

8everything, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. droopy420

droopy420 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea, I'm interested to see how it will work out.

droopy420, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. droopy420

droopy420 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a tip though. A lot of people that add you will only check out your profile once, so it's better to have your site up and running before you start adding friends.

droopy420, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  5. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes I'm targeting Mini-Truckers.. What I've been doing is I have another myspace with all my legitamte Trucking Club friends so I'll tell it to add all them which is around 200, and I'll tell it to add all my friends friends. So the people it will add are either truck enthusiasts or friends of truck enthusiasts.

So it's targeted at the niche the website is about. I'm also joining Racing/Car groups as I come across them.

So most of the people that are messaging me right now are friends and I just got one message saying "what's up hottie" so it's kind of wierd.

My plan to keep them coming back to the myspace is pictures, every guy (i'm targeting car guys) will want to see pictures of a hott chick in a bikini with my truck.. it's just pure fact, I post a bulliten stating "SuperChevy Show Pictures!!" and send out a message to all my friends stating I have new pictures of me and the truck.. BAM i'll have people coming to the site.. I can do this after every big show/race I enter. I do agree though with what you say it would be better, and I'm working hard on it all the time.. but between college, work, building the truck, and building the wesbites* time is limited.

aqrhine, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. Rosking

Rosking Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. very interesting. Keep us updated on the results.

I have only put a banner of my site on my profile and get some hit from there. I think putting a hot chick on it will defenitly give you heaps of friends :D

Rosking, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  7. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with the market test.
    Please, PM me your myspace URL if you want to add each other as friends.

Thanks

gemini181, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  8. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it sucks adding people :( I hate the 499 limit I wish their was no limits...I always worry about gettign my accounts killed...

Connections, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  9. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    just make 10 accounts and add 4990 people per day :D

amnezia, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  10. Connections

Best Answers:
    believe me even with my custom accounts and hot gal pics people will still no accept, I only achieve about a 70% accept rate on my accounts.

if you are sending out 1000 friend requests you only get avout 600-700 ads...

if you ahve a dodgey stock account with one pic of a hot chic straight form google try 400/1000

people on my space are not stupid any more they know about fake accounts they know about bots, they know about hot chic advertising scammers...

you have to think outside the square..

Connections, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  11. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    well out of the 40 invites I sent out I now have 34 friends. I do just ahve some random google chick on there right now. I plan on getting one of my friends to model with the truck and switching girls from the made up one to the real one.

I'll update this again tonight and tell of my progress.

aqrhine, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  12. BrandonAtNite

BrandonAtNite Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a friend adder for my myspace page, it worked rather well but, like they said previously. It only has about a 70% success rate. A lot of people that a pretty into MySpace won't accept if they don't know you or haven't talked to you. When I am out doing my work, people say "hey you asked me to be your friend but i denied you, can you send it again?" I think to myself, like I can find you again. Also, my friend adder shut down, do you all know of any other friend adders that are still up and working well?

BrandonAtNite, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  13. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for an update.. I had 154 yesterday and I already have 93 today and it's just a few hours into the day. This is the 2nd day the website has been up!

Sure i've only had 6 clicks, but hell that comes out to a 2.5% CTR.. After I get a little more traffic I'll start optimizing my ads to fit better and see what works. I'll keep a post here of how my myspace campaign is going.. that is the only form of advertising i've done and I only have 60 friends so far.

aqrhine, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  14. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    So far guys with my approach i'm gettng a 92% accept rate with the users i'm targetting.

aqrhine, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  15. Connections

Best Answers:
    sounds good if you are gettign a 92% accept rate...what do you ahve interms of a account? how many pics and what not? layout? content

im working on like 75% atm...

Connections, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  16. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately I only have 2 pictures right now, I have info filled out, but I don't have a spazzy template. I plan on working on that this weekend before I get any more friends. I also plan on getting about 5 more pictures of the girl, and and 3 more of the truck.

aqrhine, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  17. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a lot! And you don't get banned? What are you using? (I hope you're not doing it manually!)

8everything, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  18. Nanofied

Nanofied Guest

Best Answers:
    I have a myspace account right now getting 1,500+ requests day ontop of adding my max requests myself lol. I am almost at 10,000 and only started working on it this week :)

Nanofied, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  19. aqrhine

aqrhine Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do you use to add friends? I use an adder bot, but don't have the paid version yet so i'm limited to 40 adds a day

aqrhine, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  20. BrandonAtNite

BrandonAtNite Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't Myspace limit you at like 500 adds a day? Well it did with me using another friend adder. I think helpumarket.com got sued by myspace for their software. hmmmmmmmm. Wonder if all are going down?

BrandonAtNite, Aug 13, 2006 IP