1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expression Engine - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by PadraigCurran, Aug 14, 2007.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with expression engine.

If so,

Is it customizable?
    Is it easy to use?

I'm starting a new website soon, and I want a CMS that will allow me to edit and update every part of the site.

Thanks,
    Pádraig

PadraigCurran, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  2. joshdavey

joshdavey Peon

Best Answers:
    I built a facebook application with it for a client and it was the worst experience of my life. The code is a complete mess and they do like 7 table joins for a single weblog entry.

The code was a nightmare to go through and the script is very slow. But if you don't plan on customizing the core code then you may want to try it.

I suggest trying something else though.

joshdavey, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. PadraigCurran

PadraigCurran Peon

Best Answers:
    Another person I was talking to said it was a dream to use! Thanks for sharing your opinion with me, though. I think I might go with wordpress.

PadraigCurran, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just started using it and so far I think it's great and the community is very helpful...admittedly not yet tried to build any modules but working through the tutorials and you'll find that EE is easy to use and flexible in terms of allowing you to present data from database/weblog as they call it in any way you like.

bhutz, Oct 12, 2007 IP