1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Expression Engine CMS - Any thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Suri.CMS, Nov 1, 2007.

Hi friends,
    I am evaluating Expression Engine CMS (expressionengine.com) for my next website.

It's a paid CMS. Anyway I won't mind that if it's really good.

At the outset, the CMS looks very capable and feature rich.

But I like to know your opinion as a user, if you have used it already.

You can share anything related to this CMS - good or bad experiences, features, problems, capabilities, performance issues (for high traffic)...

Any inputs are really valuable for me.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Suri.CMS, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  2. BioXD

BioXD Peon

Best Answers:
    I´ve heard some good things about it but i have never actually tried it. Some cool sites like veerle.duoh.com are running on it.

I´d like to hear more opinions about it too.

BioXD, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  3. deronsizemore

deronsizemore Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it, and it's the ONLY one I use now. It really is that good.

I tried Joomla, CMSMade Simple, Xoops, Drupal, TextPattern and a whole slew of others before finding ExpressionEngine and will never use another CMS as long as EE is in development. :)

It's just very intuitive. The whole system really just makes sense (for me anyways). It was very hard for me with other systems to make the connections between the code, the templates, the articles, etc., and how to get them all to interact with each other, but with EE, to me, it just made sense. It took me about two months to get the basics down to where I was somewhat comfortable with what I was doing.

They have videos and great documentation to help (wish I would have used it more when I first started). The forums there are superb for getting help. The best support forums I've ever been on with a CMS. If you have a problem, they have a paid support staff that will answer your questions usually around the clock (although sometimes on weekends they are a little slow, but that's expected).

They do have a free "Core" version of EE that you can try out. I suggest giving it a try before buying. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the CMS.

Give me a shout if you have anymore questions or problems.

PS: Both of the sites in my signature use EE and I'm developing a few others using it.

deronsizemore, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw both your sites developed using EE. They looked decent and more like blogs. I think you have not used additional modules like forums / wiki.

Suri.CMS, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  5. deronsizemore

deronsizemore Peon

Best Answers:
    No, no experience with the Wiki, but I've used a lot of extra modules and add ons. I'm developing a site which will use the forum now (not live) but not, the current sites do not use the forum. I'm using their gallery module as well for another site.

I'm currently developing this site too: http://test.ksba.org

deronsizemore, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  6. pikemanqn

pikemanqn Guest

Best Answers:
    When use EE, it's very hard to find beautiful, cool theme .

pikemanqn, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  7. deronsizemore

deronsizemore Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why you design your own so your site doesn't look like everyone else's. :D;)

deronsizemore, Nov 3, 2007 IP