1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook isn't sufficiant for anybody !

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by JacksBoredom, Jul 23, 2012.

Hi folks,

Facebook bugs me ! Too much useless information, too much brainless posts, just too much !
    Social networking isn't the right term for Facebook because it morphed into a Platform for anything but not for social stuff.
    There is no targetted group of people facebook is good for. So think that it would be much more useful to create social networks specialized for big groups of people.
    For example social communities for journalists or artists. The main idea is the creation of different communities which are more specific.

Any opinions ?

JacksBoredom, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  2. motivated25

motivated25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can create communities on Facebook on you actual page. Lots of people are doing it. Check out the pages on pitbulls.

motivated25, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  3. udaypal

udaypal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are absolutely right. We do lots of things in Facebook and always we think that we have to give more time in Facebook...

udaypal, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  4. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a good social networking site if you can use that effectively. You can easily hide posts of those who share valueless posts according to you. You can ban anyone if you want not to get his news feed. So, what is the problem for you?

rubeljoy, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  5. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you dont like it why do you still use ??? for a 1st post its seems bizarre to complain about Facebook.

Mega B, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  6. JacksBoredom

JacksBoredom Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook started very well but there were no limits for the users. Surely it sounds strange to want limits on the internet but if e.g. Facebook had some limits there wouldn't be so much crap on it. About that "you can hide anyone" : Sure, I can. But in times of Web 2.0 and intelligent web-software it shouldn't be the use of a social net to bomb me with things like "shared pictures" and stuff like that. In my opinion a social net should be an addition for the real life and not the other way round.

JacksBoredom, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you need to review the tools that facebook gives you to manage your newsfeed.

You can be friends with someone and ignore their posts
    You can block app requests
    You can unfriend people if you decide they're just not worth it

And finally... if its not the social network you enjoy using then stop using it

sarahk, Jul 24, 2012 IP