1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FACEBOOK page redirection thru external website??

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by aljurians, Aug 4, 2010.

i have search facebook pages that redirect users to external website when using search function??

How is that? why facebook allows that .It supposed to be redirecting me to his fanpage..

maybe there is an fbml code the admin did on that fanpage.Anyone can share that code..

Comments are appreciated..thank you

aljurians, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  2. ElitePrime

ElitePrime Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in this as well. I do have quite vast knowledge with facebook but this is a first for me. Saw a competitor for like site redirect their like page

ElitePrime, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  3. aljurians

aljurians Member

Best Answers:
    I hope someone can help us too not just viewing as i see 36 views but no one would like to answer...

i know dp forumers are smart

aljurians, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  4. aljurians

aljurians Member

Best Answers:
    since no one wants to answer ill post a screenies.and its up to you to be amazed how did they do that?I encircle the sites>remember it is a facebook page

[​IMG]

aljurians, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. naser224u

naser224u Peon

Best Answers:
    iam also interested at this please let me know if anybody gets the point

naser224u, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is because facebook allow FBML (Facebook’s version of HTML) which you can use with an application called Static FBML. This lets you render basic HTML in a box or tab on your page. You won’t find it in your default applications, but you can find it with a search in the application directory.

The idea is that instead of sending people to your wall, as most people do, you send them to a landing page with whatever message you want to provide. For example, you can give a short description of your organization and tell people to click the “become a fan” button.

This is one of those “duh” things you may not think about at first, but which can dramatically increase your Facebook growth. A landing page is just good direct marketing.

fr@nc!z, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  7. aljurians

aljurians Member

Best Answers:
    including external links to other website?(yeah i know fbml can produce landing page that can welcome fans) but this one is something new for me..(both page has only 1 fans)
    take a look at this

http://www.facebook.com/search/?pos...50421602232589#!/search/?flt=1&q=squidoo&o=65

(
    look at the "squidoo" word that i search in fb it is a page but why it directs me to his own site *funstatus.com.I hope you get my question..
    I already asked this in facebook help forum and discussion nobody answer me maybe they dont find it yet)
    Maybe if we discover this how it is done we can get a lot of traffic in our websites

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    aljurians, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  8. Ed Grosvenor

Ed Grosvenor Peon

Best Answers:
    It's fairly simple. Facebook lets you put a Like button on pretty much anything on the web now. If you set an admin or application id using the Open Graph protocol, a "page" is automatically created the corresponds to the external page where the Like button is placed. The admin can send out status updates to people who have like the external page, but when anyone else tries to visit that page via Facebook, they are automatically redirected to the external page where the Like button resides.

I use this technique extensively for myself and my clients. It's a great way to keep people engaged in what's going on at your website long after they've forgotten about having clicked Like. It also has the happy side effect of adding the pages of your site to Facebook's internal search results.

Ed Grosvenor, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  9. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    I see.. as simple as that. That is actually a good technique.

khulet22, Aug 15, 2010 IP